T Nation

Deadlift to Romanian Deadlift Stats

Hey guys I was just wondering what your DL to RDL stats are, my lifts arent where I’d like them to be but I just want to see what I can aim for

DL: 120kg x 5
RDL: 85kg x 5

cheers

I never tried for a PR on Romanians as after a certain poundage I feel it more in my lower back than my hams/glutes.

RDL - 225lb x 6
DL - 505 x 1

I have ever maxed out on RDL but:

DL 525 x 1
RDL 315 x 10

(I deadlift with my back)

i train BBing not PL but aaaaaanyway

last RDL today 315x5

last DL a month or so ago, 405x2

last rackpull, yesterday, 405x8

actually i would consider myself more powerbuilding.

[quote]bams_101 wrote:
Hey guys I was just wondering what your DL to RDL stats are, my lifts arent where I’d like them to be but I just want to see what I can aim for

DL: 120kg x 5
RDL: 85kg x 5

cheers[/quote]

I made a similar post/question some time ago here…
Anyway, my PR on Rdl’s is 189kg(415lb)x3, while i have never tried to max on regular deads. The heaviest i’ve ever deadlifted though is 440lb for a few reps. I just don’t incorporate regular deads much in my training regime.
Also, u “forgot” stiff leg deads, where the most i’ve lifted, without reaching failure though, is 145kg(319)x6.

The reason my Romanian Deadlifts are relatively the strongest is simple: I have always been doing this excercise non-stop during the last 2 years or so.

The last time I really ‘maxed’ on RDL’s, I was a lot weaker than now. But DL is about 405-410, and RDL is right around 315.

I have been doing sumo style deads exclusively for the last few months now. Have yet to test a 1RM but I can pull 3 decent reps at 365lbs.

SLDL: 285x5 easy, going for 315x5 next week

deadlift: 400x1

i actually just 315x5 today for RDL, we were doing more training for PT and they made us each train someone, well my “trainer” made me do RDLs right off the bat so im like, load that motherfucker up to 315, no warm ups, banged that bitch out easy.

Hm, I must be doing my RDL’s wrong.

RDL: 405lbs x 6, 365lbs x 6 really low
DL: 485lbs x 1 (soon to be 500 :slight_smile: )

I’m shooting for 500 within the next month.

Two months ago, I maxed at 405 DL, and I took some time to retool my programs for various reasons, but I am getting back on track.

I’m trying a slow, steady approach to get to 500. Each week, I’m banging out 4 sets of 3 reps increasing the weight by 5-10 lbs. each workout. So far, I am up to 385 for the full 12 reps. Here’s hoping it keeps going.

Good luck to you man, deadlift to me is the best exercise out there (I prefer them to squats).

Its a little hard to compare IMO. Everyone has different ROM on RDL’s. I don’t go to the floor, but maybe 3-4 in past my knees.

DL: 405x1 (pr)
RDL: 275x6 (after squatting and lunges)

well it looks like i got a alot to shoot for, thanks for putting your lifts up