Deadlift Technique Comments

Been doing deficit DLs to address my weakness off the floor.Have also cut the weight significantly to fine tune my form.Now I initiate the pull by “trying to stand upright”/push through the heels instead of pulling the bar up.

Here is also a front squat vid from today.Really tough as I have to start from the rock bottom ATG position and I have damm long legs…

I think that your hips might still be rising a bit too fast, which leads your shoulders to come over the bar, putting undue strain on your lower back. just my .02

The first 2 reps looked good, but I agree with anom, as you fatigued on the last rep your hips rose way too fast, that was all lower back doing the work.

Good work though, deficit pulls are always hard… but worth it in the end. IMO.

Actually I think reps 2 and 3 are better than rep 1. With rep 2 being the best of all.

Having long femurs really suck for DLing!

Thanks for your comments anyway!

[quote]Doenitz79 wrote:
Actually I think reps 2 and 3 are better than rep 1. With rep 2 being the best of all.

Thanks for your comments anyway![/quote]

If you already have an opinion of your own lift, why post it for critique?

To have people take time out of their busy day to lend their assistance/ offer advice to you as you have requested, and then to dismiss their input “anyway…” is simply rude.

[quote]bunny7568 wrote:

If you already have an opinion of your own lift, why post it for critique?

To have people take time out of their busy day to lend their assistance/ offer advice to you as you have requested, and then to dismiss their input “anyway…” is simply rude.

[/quote]

I didnt really analyze my own form when I first started this thread.

Oops,sorry for taking up part of your precious time! Cheers! =)

FYI, i believe that people with long femurs to well with sumo squats. you tried those?
Also, on your front squats, watch your ankles roll in as you hit depth. your adding additional ankle mobility by rolling your foot in. keeping the knees out will keep the arches they way the should be. just a thought.

Looks great. Now put some weight on the bar. Good form is usually an indicator that there is not enough weight on the bar.

The front squats are crazy low- you have some hellacious flexibility.

[quote]Doenitz79 wrote:

Thanks for your comments anyway![/quote]

As much as I hate disagreeing with Bunny, I think the first rep the hip came up first - slightly - and you got better with that on 2 and 3. Hard not to back-lift on deficits, though.

It looks like you used some foam/rubber mats for the defecit DLs. Make something solid out of wood. It’ll work much better.

TNT

[quote]honest_lifter wrote:
FYI, i believe that people with long femurs to well with sumo squats. you tried those?
[/quote]

What are sumo squats? Wide stance PL squats?

[quote]Doenitz79 wrote:
honest_lifter wrote:

What are sumo squats? Wide stance PL squats?[/quote]

Yes, it is, but what i really meant to say was sumo deadlifts. They may be easier for you to get, and stay, in the right position.