Deadlift Technical Issue

wearing a belt? may be too tight, I like my belt a notch looser then when I squat so I can push out hard but don’t feel like my head’s a zit about to pop. Either way, I know it’s going to be a good session if I see stars on my last warm up set, and now I look forward to it.

Get used to it, the heavier you train, the more you strain, the sooner you get used to it. If you haven’t burst any blood vessels yet you’ll be fine. It’s all part of the game. I’ve put the bar down and almost fell on my face after I stepped off the platform.

It’s a rapid change in blood pressure from slightly elevated, too super high, to normal and the blood rushes out of your head. Remember your neck is straining hard too, and the muscles are contracting and forcing blood all over the place, then all those muscles that relax open up all the blood vessels that were constricted. I’m not saying to relax, but be prepared. Good luck to you and God Bless.

[quote]DaCharmingAlbino wrote:
Some lifters mark a good deadlift session by how many blood vessels they broke in their eyeballs.[/quote]

Are you serious? Broken blood vessels in the eyeballs?!

[quote]jakjak824 wrote:
You said you have trouble keeping your balance what kind of shoes do you wear? I had the same problem then tried bar foot and that helped alot, but now I lift in a pair of chucks and it is working great, might wana try that[/quote]

I go barefoot myself for deadlift AND squats. Feels great!

[quote]dankid wrote:
shootingman99 wrote:
I don’t think that’s it for me. I can run a 5:14 mile and run a lot.

That may be, but there is a big difference between running a mile and deadlifting a lot of weight.[/quote]

My point was that I think I need to work on my breathing during the deadflift, and that I don’t have trouble with getting enough oxygen. I also need to work on my back form because of the arch that sometimes comes in to my back. I have only been deadlifting for about a month and a half so 335 at 17 170 lbs isn’t too bad, but I want to get to 425(2.5xbw).

[quote]dankid wrote:
It also could be something not related to breathing at all. Deadlifts involve every muscle in the body, and thus require a ton of oxygen. Some kind of metabolic/conditioning work might be needed.[/quote]

You’re suggesting that deadlifts lower your blood oxygen level so much that it effects your brain? Really? That’s fucking ridiculous, especially since a deadlift lasts, what 10 seconds at most? Usually 2-3 seconds. Oxygen isn’t being used much at all.

OP, I don’t know what to tell you? Are you fat? I’m pretty fat and I can definitely tell that I’m getting more pressure during conventional deadlift because I need to get my fat ass wedged into position. I think what you’re experiencing is probably normal IF you don’t have some kind of high blood pressure, bleeding or vascular health issue. Get a checkup and make sure.

That being said, I’m a solid 550-600 pound puller and I routinely see stars during my first warmup rep with 315.

OP

Kill Yourself.