Deadlift Sumo vs. Conv. vs. Sport.

Mmm this is getting a bit confusing for me haha. I’ll start with shoulders/scapula vertical over bar for sure next time I deadlift.

Well I really do not want anything to shorten or become less flexible.

I didn’t realize that all this comes when doing sumo deadlifts!
How about basic leg swings from side to side, and front to back - I do those pretty much everyday for 3 sets of 12…I’m sure that keeps mobility high, as well as doing duck under hurdles, and i’ve been stretching hips now.

How does this stretch look like as well if I work on them a few times a week for hip health along with the mobility I do:

The last video has 4 parts to it of hip mobility + flexbility drills

I think that should suffice, and of course I will be swithcing up between sumo and conv. etc. but I think mostly sticking to sumo, and then straight leg deads off of a plate to hit the lower back hard.

The DeFranco vid is a stretch to increase external rotation ROM. If you want to sumo deadlift a lot, do it regularly in the opposite direction (foot turning away from body). You won’t get nearly as far though.

Really the amount of adaptation you’ll get is unique to you. Just experiment and find out what happens with yourself.

Ohhh alright cool man thanks. I will do that for sure then, just same stretch opposite direction.
Thanks!

Thanks for the ex vids. I have problems with hip flexors, esp when I do hanging ab work. This may help, it sure can’t hurt Thanks much

Focus on pushing your chest out more at the bottom of the setup… chest out, bum out… don’t do that bouncing crap beforehand either