Deadlift Sticking Point

Hey fetch thanks for the info. I think I’ll give those speed singles style movement a try, I have done one double mini before with like 150kg Ish but never 2 with a lighter straight weight.

I actually went to an Andy Bolton seminar a couple of weeks back and he was giving me very similar cues to what you just said and I tried a few deads yesterday playing with those cues and it felt SO MUCH better!

Oh cool, good to see my suggestion lines up with what someone really strong says haha

With the band deadlift thing, I’d be careful how frequently you use that because it can be hard on the joints. Really, anything with high band tension is. And doubling, then draping the bands over the bar will shred the bands pretty quickly. I had one snap just last night. Just FYI.

What’s cool about the high tension band DL is that you have to be both really fast at the start and you have to strain at the top which I think will help with your issue. If you get speed off the ground, you won’t have to muscle up the top as much and if you learn to strain at the top you can muscle it up.

Thanks I will use them sparingly, I have some pretty new bands so hopefully they will last a while but will look out for any obvious wear on them!
Why are bands worse on the joints do you know?

I’m not completely certain why bands are rougher on the joints, but I think it has something to do with the bands pulling the weight down at an acceleration greater than gravity.

1 Like