Deadlift Sticking Point

When i deadlift, i have a terrible problem getting stuck on the floor. if i get it about 3 inches up, its cake. anybody else here have a similiar problem or a sulution?

oddly enough i have found that pulling while standing on a 1" plate seems to eliminate this sticking point

Yup, most guys stick right off the floor or even at the floor, I know I do. It depends a little on whether you DL sumo or conv as to where you weakness likely lies.

[quote]sapasion wrote:
Yup, most guys stick right off the floor or even at the floor, I know I do. It depends a little on whether you DL sumo or conv as to where you weakness likely lies. [/quote]

Its also depends on the form with which you pull.

Deadlifts from the floor to the knee cap are also good to remedy this, you might also want to experiment with form adjustments.

[quote]sapasion wrote:
Yup, most guys stick right off the floor or even at the floor, I know I do. It depends a little on whether you DL sumo or conv as to where you weakness likely lies. [/quote]

i pull bot conv and sumo, but this stick is much worse when i pull conventional.

Use smaller plates(25’s), pull off of plates(stand on a couple plates), or try some speed deads with ~75% of your 1rm

I also have this same problem and it sucks

I have found that increasing my strength on snatch grip deadlifts has improved my strength off the floor immensely.

Take that advice with a grain of salt though as I am still quite weak, so I am not sure if the carryover would be the same for more advanced lifters.