T Nation

Deadlift, Steak, Beer, Sleep, Repeat

Hi Rob,
How’s the occlusion training going? Have you given it a try yet? Loved the photo. :smiley_cat:

R.

Hey Ray,

Yes, still been getting in arm session in at home, just haven’t logged it. All I can say so far is my arms look a little fuller, but its early doors.

Woke up to find out the gyms are closing here for 2 weeks on the 27th ffs. No doubt it’ll be the new year before they get to reopen though. Absolute bullshit.

Ha, yeah we had to look after 3 of them we monsters till be rehomed, tore the house apart lol.

Best
R

Today…
BB OHP
Worked up to 8x3,3,3,3,3,2,2,2@sw
Close grip bench with the cambered bar
3x10@sw
DB lateral raise
3x10@sw
Pushdowns
3x15@sw

Nothing fancy, not too stressful, trap bar deadlifts tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hi Rob,
Worth persevering with the bands. Just to see if they do increase arm size. I know on my Knuckols routines he does mention occlusion training for much of the cycles but removes them as you close in on your PR attempt, but beyond that I’ve no idea if it works or not.
Incidentally, did you hear that Aaron Page passed away last night? Covid-19 is the cause, apparently. Did he have a pre-existing problem? Details are hazy just now. Already one of the world’s best pressers and incredible potential. RIP.

Best,
Ray

1 Like

Hey Ray,

Yeah i saw that, terrible news, indeed he’d great potential, such a shame. Not sure if he’d underlying issues, but being that size does make things more complicated. The sooner they get on top of this disease the better.

Yes, worth trying something new, not expecting miracles, but hey, if i get a quarter or half n inch outtve it, ill be happy. Upper arms where never my strong point, my best biceps improvements came from heavy static holds and plain old heavy CGBPs and OHPs for triceps.

Good training week?

I’ve replaced Sumos with Hatfield Squats. Did a light weight (104kg) for 4 sets of 6. Not squatted in 7 months and knew the DOMS would be severe. Yup, took nearly a week for the pain to dissipate, despite the low poundage. Just thought I’d give my lower back a rest from alternating Trap Bar Deads with Sumos every week. Hatfields are more back friendly. Nearing a new PR attempt next week with the TB. Looking to hit 260kg.
Page: he looked phenomenal. Amazing presser and deadlifter. Probable WSM finalist too. Like a lot of Strongmen he was not in the best shape but such are the demands of the sport. Did you see the Stoltmans’ blogs? Both had difficulty breathing at times. Getting worried.

Est,
Ray

Hey mate,

Ill get in touch viva that facebook page you mentioned.

I have apologized and provided an explanation for what I wrote.

I also said I may have misunderstood your intent.

One persistent SJW was going around in circles in a long thread yesterday trying to convince everyone I was a homophobe so forgive me if I just wanted to dispense with any typing and just provide evidence right off the bat.

If that was offensive, I’ve already given you several apologies so at least understand why I did that from what I just wrote here.

I hope we can come to an understanding and bury the hatchet.

Tbh, i came here from the old Dr D site, was there for 10 years. I did my best to fit in here, ive been respectful, honest and transparent. But one thing i aint about to disclose is my bank details to anyone, ive nothing to prove to anyone.

Am done with forums.

1 Like

Again, I said I misunderstood your intent. I do not want your bank account or any details at all.

I told you some fucker spent an entire thread trying to make people believe I was a homophobe yesterday, hence my inappropriate behaviour towards you since I DON’T KNOW YOU.

I only SUGGESTED that WE, as in BOTH OF US provide evidence of success in business instead of having to type LONG CVS.

THat was IF YOU WANTED TO COMPARE BUSINESS EXPERIENCE, which YOU BROUGHT UP FIRST.

NOT ME.

I don’t have the patience to type a lengthy reply for that, especially affter what I went though with the fucker YESTERDAY.

If it wasn’t, you could have just said so and we could let it slide.

I apologized a total of 5 times already.

I even deleted all the posts I made.

What more do you want from me?

Sorry to see you go, but I understand. Have to watch the aggravation/enjoyment ratio, and when it gets too unfavorable…

1 Like

Hi Rob,
What? Curiouser and curiouser. I won’t ask about this here. Get in touch via the Facebook acc I sent. Failing that I’ve got 3 email accounts I’ve let lapse and I can provide one of those.
So many positives with forums but, well, nothing’s ever perfect.

Best,
Ray

Hi Al,
Actually, Dr D’s forum has benefited from the move here. I’m unsure how long felicity will reign but other than Grant’s bizarre ramblings, which in fairness were never aggressive, it’s been okay.
I still check it every day but as I no longer train HIT-style I’m happy to observe and see how others apply Dr D’s recent routines. Some intriguing experiences on there, albeit I’d like to read of more concrete signs of progress, ie, weight gain/loss and poundage progression.
Still, things seem to have taken a turn for the worse here. Baffling. This is just a training log. How that can cause someone to overstep basic boundaries is, well, baffling…but not surprising.

Best,
Ray

He is certainly getting exposure to a wider audience that he had before. I suppose a certain amount of push back from skeptics is inevitable.

1 Like

No need for an apology…

Tbh, none of my statements on HAs log where not aimed at you, i merely give my opinion on the mods post. You responded though in a way that makes me now think you thought i aimed my comment at you…it wasnt. In my second comment where i mentioned my business background was in response to you saying “i think they know what they’re doing better than any of us”. It was not a challenge to you personally. It doesnt take ya to be a millionaire to know that you dont piss off potential customers.

I appreciate your not on form because of a run in with some SJW, i dont engage with such people because they tend to be irrational, and of course name call just to close down debates. I recommend people dont engage with such individuals, your silence is a better response.

Am not leaving just because of our encounter last night, ive been on forums for too long, things get taken out of context and intent can be misread, then arguments happen where there doesnt need to be. This is why im done with forums. Life’s too short to be arguing online with people ive never met and know nothing about.

Best
Rob

2 Likes

Hey Ray,

If you would’nt mind putting up an email, that would be great, id have to use my wifes FB page lol. Be great to keep in touch.

Al, all the best mate, appreciated the support, and to BD, chick, Hel and HA. Stay safe and good training👍

Best
Rob

2 Likes

Good luck with your training.

I hope Pete gets that deadlift record for your gym!

2 Likes

Sorry to read you’re leaving. I don’t quite understand why. But good luck with your comp.

2 Likes

Damn it… we need intelligent and experience people on here.

2 Likes

Hi Rob,
I posted my email but it was removed. If you can, get your wife to message me on FB and I’ll provide my email address there.

Best
Ray