Deadlift Squat Weight Difference

interesting results
i guess as you approach 500+, the squat/deadlift start to catch up and eventually the squat overtakes (even more in gear).
i’m surprised more people havent posted 100lb differences yet, which is what i was expecting

[quote]kickureface wrote:
interesting results
i guess as you approach 500+, the squat/deadlift start to catch up and eventually the squat overtakes (even more in gear).
i’m surprised more people havent posted 100lb differences yet, which is what i was expecting[/quote]

It’s more as you move up weight class your squat will start to catch up. Mostly because of improved squatting leverages.

445 raw squat
465 deadlift

I feel i’m a hardgainer on deadlifts. Squats just seem to come naturally to me and my numbers go up “pretty” consistantly. i’m contantly battling my deads and have been stuck at 465 for a bit.

620 deadlift with just a belt
565 squat with just a belt and very loose 20 year old ernie frantz briefs. no wraps. i had more that day bit stopped and then hurt my knee. and when i say ernie’s briefs, they were. he gave me his old briefs 20 years ago so they may be a a lot older. wearing them is more of a mental thing than anything.

315x4 squat
425x1 deadlift

Hah, my squat sucks compared to my deadlift.
Deadlift: 605
Squat: 425

Hah, my squat sucks compared to my deadlift.
Deadlift: 605
Squat: 425

Squat
385 in belt and knee wraps
DL
445 in a belt (just happened last monday and i had more in the tank)

planning on competing singleply for my first meet in october and looking to go 440 or higher in the squat and looking to pull near 500.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
kickureface wrote:
interesting results
i’m surprised more people havent posted 100lb differences yet, which is what i was expecting

It’s more as you move up weight class your squat will start to catch up. Mostly because of improved squatting leverages.
[/quote]

care to elaborate hanley? i don’t understand this. i guess squat leverage refers to femur length, wouldn’t femur length stay the same (bone density may get thicker but length shouldn’t change). the added muscle on the legs don’t affect leverage either i think

Raw (no belt or wraps) at 220lbs

550lb squat
575lb dead

500 squat in wraps and a belt

550 DL in just a belt.

Squat- 260, estimated, I do 225x6
Dead- 315 w/ wraps

I suck, I know, I dont want to talk about it.

No wraps, suits, or belts:
Squat ~330lbs (haven’t done a single in a while, but plenty of doubles at 315)
Dead 475 lbs

That puts me at nearly a 150lb difference, which has made me wonder as well. It might be a form thing - I do my squats pretty strict - hamstrings touch calves (if only lightly, but significantly below parallel), bar high on my traps, a nice straight vertical spine like I’m doing a front squat. I’m guessing most people with squats roughly equal to deads are doing more power lifting squats.

With my deadlifts, on the other hand, my hips come up early, making my back angle forward, so presumably there I’m using my hamstrings and back a lot more.

I havent tested my true max in a while.

Raw lifts:
DL: 315x22
SQ: 315x15

My best deadlift is 405 with straps, at least 365 without.

My best squat is about 340 *3, I write about because the plate were in kilos when I did this. It was 3 plates + 2,5 kg + 1 kg on each sides.

My best front squat is 300*1.

485 squat w/ knee wraps
500 dead w/ belt

At age 23, belted no wraps Box Squat to bench 585 X 8, DL 590 X 9, BW 290+ 6’3", long arms, short torso

At age 26, Squat 415 X 8, DL 495 x 17, BW 245

At age 30, my first PL meet, Squat 450, DL 644 - belt no suits, after a long layoff. I had squatted in two workouts prior to this meet, I decided to do the meet two months beforehand when I started back to lifting. I cut 22 pounds the week of the meet to try to make the 242 class. That was dumb. I weighed in at 246.

At age 34, no squatting, DL 655, BW 250ish, I also pulled 315 x 39. My DL’s were no belt, no shoes. These lifts were after a few months of lifting after about 2 years off. I widened my stance to almost shoulder width and widened my grip to about an inch outside of the smooth part of the bar. Hook grip used on the 1rpm and straps used on the high rep stuff.

I’ve never lifted in a suit so I cannot say what difference they make between lifts but I’ve noticed in my own experince that if I use both squats and DL the lifts are pretty even and obviously if I focus on DL that is much higher. Reasons for not squatting at times are knee and back pains that still flare up.

Raw: 430Sq, 500DL

Equipped: 520Sq in Metal Briefs, 575DL in Metal Pro Briefs & Suit

Squat 460
DL 550

Raw w/Belt

Squat- 405 raw (no belt or wraps)
Dead- 535 straps

…seems I need to lose the vagina and grow some balls when the weight is on my back and not the floor.