Deadlift Specialization Program?

Is the the only thing you do over the period of the three weeks?? Or do you start with the deadlifts each day and then move on to some other movements??

[quote]InCorporeSano wrote:
I’m embarassed to even say, but I’ll come out with it because I’ve been training less than a year and so it’s not as shameful…

I had pulled 315 conventional and pulled 360 sumo last week. I might have been able to get 365 or 370 off the ground, but I was happy with the PR and just stretched and left. [/quote]

Still an awesome PR!!

I think it worked so well for you becaause you were relatively new and as a result probably became more efficent from pulling 4x a week.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Still an awesome PR!!

I think it worked so well for you becaause you were relatively new and as a result probably became more efficent from pulling 4x a week.
[/quote]

Thanks!

Is there any way to tell how far along I’ll have to get before the higher frequency won’t work any longer? I know I have a long way to go before that deadlift is even remotely respectable.

[quote]InCorporeSano wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Still an awesome PR!!

Thanks!

Is there any way to tell how far along I’ll have to get before the higher frequency won’t work any longer? I know I have a long way to go before that deadlift is even remotely respectable. [/quote]

Trust me, you’ll know. When you start feeling beat up, your lower back is sore, your getting sick and your lifting’s going nowhere or maybe even down, that’s when you need to reevalute!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
InCorporeSano wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Still an awesome PR!!

Thanks!

Is there any way to tell how far along I’ll have to get before the higher frequency won’t work any longer? I know I have a long way to go before that deadlift is even remotely respectable.

Trust me, you’ll know. When you start feeling beat up, your lower back is sore, your getting sick and your lifting’s going nowhere or maybe even down, that’s when you need to reevalute!
[/quote]

I was basically going to write the exact same thing Hanley.

You’ll know when its time to back off. If you’re like me it might take a few weeks of feeling like crap, but your body will let you know.

The exact poundage is going to vary from person to person.