Deadlift Routine w/ Shoulder Injury

I am awaiting to start DC Training, but with a current shoulder injury, I’ll have to wait a while.

I need to do some lifting to keep me sane, and a lot of lifts don’t cause me any pain.

I have seen the Coan/Phillipi 10 week Deadlift Routine. And I am going to give it a try, so come the end of it my 1RM will hopefully have improved a decent amount.

As I can’t train that much upper body, should I split the routine into 2 days, instead of just 1? I should be fresh enough for 2 days, with me having the rest of week remaining.

DAY 1
Heavy Deadlifts

DAY 2
Speed deadlifts
Assistance work-

I guess with your shoulder its during pushing movements…? so im sure you can still work your back pretty well with pull-ups, rows, and want not. Can you bench? when i assed my shoulder i couldnt bench for months but found my way around it…do a lot of skull-crushers and kickbacks(yeah i said it!) to help with tris and im sure you can work biceps good…hitting your chest will be a total bitch though! i hope this helps and hope i didnt go too far off topic

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
I guess with your shoulder its during pushing movements…? so im sure you can still work your back pretty well with pull-ups, rows, and want not. Can you bench? when i assed my shoulder i couldnt bench for months but found my way around it…do a lot of skull-crushers and kickbacks(yeah i said it!) to help with tris and im sure you can work biceps good…hitting your chest will be a total bitch though! i hope this helps and hope i didnt go too far off topic[/quote]

You’re right, it’s pushing movements I get pain. I’m gonna stay away from bench press for a bit, to give my shoulder a good time off, to recover.

For my deadlift assistance I’ll be doing:
Stiff-legged deadlifts
Barbell rows
Reverse grip lat pulldowns
Good mornings

And on a seperate day I’ll do triceps exercises- like skull crushers. So I don’t lose my bench. As well as some biceps.

yeah that looks pretty solid to be honest. I guess what else you could do at the end of a workout is oogle around with REALLY light weights on chest workouts and find out wich ones dont hurt so you could get some chest stimulation

[quote]Pipes06 wrote:
find out wich ones dont hurt[/quote]

That’s the key right there. I’ve been fighting a shoulder injury for a couple months and you just have to train around it. Try board presses, 2-3 boards are ok for me and my shoulder is jacked up according to my MRI.

Why would you change the Coan cycle around?? It’s been proven to work REALLY well as written. I’d imagine this is in part to the large amount of volume and the push you need to get thru it in one day. Changing that to two days would destroy one of the core parts of the program, imo.