Well, today was my deadlift day for Week 3/ Cycle 2. I decided to add in an extra set and go for a heavy double. So here’s how it went down:
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 1
255 x 5
285 x 3
320 x 1
355 x 0
This frustrated the hell out of me; I should be able to own this weight! My max should be in the neighborhood of about 380 IMO.
I think that the factors that caused me to do so shitty are:
- I’m improving my form.
- I’m getting used to lifting in Chucks (I was originally lifting barefoot, stupid gym management >:( ).
- I’ve been doing higher reps lately, like around 4-10, since the weight is lighter on 5/3/1.
What I plan on doing to correct this:
- Improve my form (obviously).
- Not go over 5 reps, and if it’s a fairly light set, then focus on speed and technique. Maybe add in an extra heavy set or two to get more work in.
- Incorporate deadlift specific assistance work to help with off the floor (my weak point).
I’ll be preparing for a max attempt in my 4th cycle, we’ll see what happens.
If anyone has tips, I’m all ears.