Deadlift Question

Just a “bump”…

Good topic!

Mufasa

Lately I have been super-setting squats and deadlifts, it’s absolutely insane. Definitely don’t want to have much in the ol’ stomach, or it will be laying on the floor next to the rack. But, when I am doing a split routine I throw the standard deads in on a back day, and stiff-legged deads on leg day. It’s just become a personal preference.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I can see Sumo DL’s and squats, as I think Sumo’s are more of a quad exercise than a back exercise, but I don’r know about supersetting two exercises that target the same muscle group.
[/quote]

Sumo definitely increases the hip/glute involvment and minimizes the quad involvement. If you are feeling sumo DLs heavily in your quads then there is something very wrong with either your form or your muscle balance.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:

Sumo definitely increases the hip/glute involvment and minimizes the quad involvement. If you are feeling sumo DLs heavily in your quads then there is something very wrong with either your form or your muscle balance.[/quote]

Maybe I mis-spoke, I feel them more in my quads than I do a traditional DL, or Romanian DL’s, or SLD’s.

But tell me if what I’m doing is even the proper form: I take a wider stance, grip the bar inside shoulder width, and point my toes out. I keep my back straight throughout the movement, and as the bar comes over my knees I thrust my ass forward. I feel it from my lower back, into my ass, in my hammies, and in my quads.

If I’m doing it wrong, I’d surely like to correct it.

sounds like you’re doing it right to me rainjack.