Deadlift Problems

Look at your shoulders. In all of the shots, especially the last one, your shoulders are way in front of the bar. That means your arse is way too high. If you get your chest up your back will be less horizontal and therefore you will be able to maintain a firm arch better/easier.

[quote]Triceptaurus wrote:
Look at your shoulders. In all of the shots, especially the last one, your shoulders are way in front of the bar. That means your arse is way too high. If you get your chest up your back will be less horizontal and therefore you will be able to maintain a firm arch better/easier. [/quote]

Is what I’m doing not what Mark Rippetoe recommends? Scapula above the bar, shoulders straight but angled backwards at around 10 degrees. But thanks for informing me anyway.

[quote]LiftAndLetLive wrote:
@Sodapop808 and Silyak.
Just measured my weights. They are definitely over 8 inches in length (the 10kgs).
I managed to dead without back pain today!!! Kept my lumbar and thoracic spine arched. Here’s a picture. Thanks everyone for their help! Check out my IBB training log to keep in touch with my skinny ectomorph to muscular guy journey.

P.S. the weight I pulled back-painlessly was 7.5kg short of my max.
P.P.S. Link to my IBB Log —> http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_ibb_log/lifttoletlives_ibb_log_[/quote]
Not sure which dimension of the weight you are calling length. However, the 8.5-9 inches should be the radius (half the diameter). That is, when you put the weights on the bar and set it on the ground, the bar should be that high off the ground. The top of the weights should be twice that high off the ground.

[quote]LiftAndLetLive wrote:
Here.
As you can see, my back is straight.
[/quote]

Try widening you’re grip a little (kinda hard too tell from side view). This can help bring your chest closer to the bar and help you lower you’re hips a little more. Set back more on heels. You’re thoracic extension looks better, but you could take a lot more air and pull scapulas a little tighter and tighten you’re upper body up a bit (Although you may be doing that as you pull and put yourself under tension already). Don’t look up either. Keep neck more in line with spine and let your gaze set out to a point very far in the distance. I try to only move my eyes to keep them fixed on the point. I am no expert and only pull 405 @ 225, so take it for what it is.

Your shoulders need to be higher to some degree than your hips, a good way I teach newer deadlifters on finding their starting position is to get a hip width stance, put your hands at the seems of your pockets. And slowly start pulling your ass back and down while your hands go along your sides down to the bar until you reach it.

This shouldnt be a uncomfortable position for you. Ive gone through similar problems as you seeing as im over 6’ and have long legs. PM me if you have any more detailed questions.