Deadlift Grip Comparisons

My technique goes to shit when double overhand. Used to do it on warmups, but decided it threw me off on my hook grip sets.

It is also not very inspiring to struggle with 60 percent due to grip. I want to feel my best during warmups.

Do some plate pinches, rolling thunder, and barbell suitcase holds if you’re worried about grip.

I don’t think my grip strength ever really increased when I started working up with double overhand. The poundages just aren’t significant enough to matter, and if you’re stretching the limits of what you can double overhand the real goal of training a deadlift will suffer dramatically, unless you’re some giant-pawed freak.

Captains of crush and training bjj in a gi did much more to help my grip.

2 Likes

Same here. I’ve only had an issue with grip during one training cycle I did. Fixed it by doing double overhand Barbell shrugs for super high reps, adding 20 or so pounds a week for 8-12 weeks. Something about the bar pulling down every rep trying to open your hands seemed to help a ton.

2 Likes

Heavy barbell rows and farmers walks cured my grip!

1 Like

From the man himself

Fat bar doubled over hand works great. Regular overhand can work but probably takes a lot longer due to lack of muscle recruitment.

3 Likes