Deadlift Frequency Poll

[quote]Dirty Tiger wrote:

1. How often do you deadlift?

2. Which Style do you prefer?(Conventional, Sumo or Trap Bar)

3. What is your favorite deadlift assistance exercise?

BTW I did a search before I posted this.
[/quote]

1. Twice a week.

2. Alternate conventional and shrug bar, usually 10x5 at around 70% 1RM. Sometimes I do wave loading.

3. None. Just deadlift.

Standing on a box so you are basically pulling from a point lower than your actual deadlift. These are great for those who suck on the bottom portion of the lift.

Check out CT’s “Deadlifting for Stubby Guys” article to see how to work them in.

-MAtt

At least once/wk (dynamic)

Conv. (this is my comp pull), sumo and snatch-grip.

Med stance GMs

[quote]Matgic wrote:
Defecit deadlifts. I love them because they make my regular deadlift skyrocket.[/quote]

I find this to be true also, but I have cycle in and out of these.

1. Once a week dynamic for now
  2. Conventional.
  3. Defecit pulling and heavy ass rack pulls for the lockout.

Currently my wife and I are dead lifting three times every two weeks. We do full body workouts Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. For lower body one week is squat, dead, squat, and the next week is dead, squat, dead. We have been doing this for a while and are quite pleased with it.

1. Which Style do you prefer?(Conventional, Sumo or Trap Bar)

I like them all. Our current gym doesn’t have a trap bar. :frowning: We alternate between sumo and conventional.

1. What is your favorite deadlift assistance exercise?

My overall favorite would be GMs. We also like deficit deads and rack pulls from various starting points.

Christopher

Christopher

i used to live by deficit deadlifts too, but i find that since rupturing 3 discs 3 years ago, i cannot do them with anything over 50-60% of my max pull from the floor, or i re-injure my back.

as far as the original question,

1. once every 10-14 days, and up to ever day for 2 weeks, depending on situation and specific needs at that time.

2. for BB, conventional, for biggest max, sumo. but i have to utilize pretty stiff briefs to do sumo these days due to old beat up hips.

3. pulls against bands for both, with box squats (wide) for sumo deadlift, and rack low pin pulls for conventional being close second.

1. once or twice a week
  2. conventional. Alternate grips.
  3. Stiff Leg Deadlift.

[/quote]

1.Depends on the week I am doing Body for Life right now, finishing my 12 weeks. So once or twice a week.

2.Conventional

1. Romanian

I’ve been changing the height around 2 inches every 2 weeks to avoid stagnation. Been them twice a week, once for ME and then DE for one and a half reps. I bring it to the knees, pause for 2, go down and complete a full rep.

I had a 375 defecit pull the week before I maxed at 425 on a regular dead. 3 weeks later on the program, I pulled 420 from a slightly higher box. If the correlation is still tact (which I believe it to be, as my lockout isn’t really an issue), my deadlift would be up 50lbs to 470. And I’m not even halfway done with the program.

For stubby bastards, try it. It’s no joke.

-MAtt

1. Currently, I alternate between doing heavy deadlifts and 20-rep squats once a week. That is to say, one week I will do heavy deadlifts Friday, the next week I will do a 20-rep squat routine Friday. I never do these together.

2. Always sumo, given the extremly unique and rare shape of my body (yet incredibly functional in a sporting sense) I can only do sumo. It is literally impossible for me to do regular deadlifts.

3. RAck pulls when I add them into my routine (not currently doing them).

Once a week

Conventional

Goodmornings

[/quote]

1 = twice a week dl follwed by front squats, and another day squats followed by RDL’s

2= Sumo a must for me due to leg being smashed and now facing out requires me to have hands on the inside of my legs.

3= squats.

[/quote]

1. 2 or 3 days a week.

2. Traditional

3. Partials/Raised platform

[quote]MattFarlick wrote:

1. Always sumo, given the extremly unique and rare shape of my body (yet incredibly functional in a sporting sense) I can only do sumo.
    [/quote]

I want to see photos of your rare, unique but incredibly functional body.

1. Twice per week
  2. Conventional/w alternating grip & Stiff legged /w over-hand grip
  3. Nothing specific
  1. Once a week.

2. I like all of them, especially the trap bar.

3. Goodmornings and deficit DLs.

Anyone else deadlift/squat barefoot? I have found that it is easier on my lower back.

1. Once a week.

2. I like all of them, especially the trap bar.

3. Goodmornings and deficit DLs.

Anyone else deadlift/squat barefoot? I have found that it is easier on my lower back.

1. once a week
  2. sumo
  3. deadlift standing on plates
  1. Usually 1x a week

2. Sumo style pull(hands between the legs) but my feet are just beyond shoulder width. Im only 5’5 and I find this the most confortable for me. I warm up with conventional style as of late though.

3. Box squats, pull throughs, and Ive been favoring the butt punch a bit of late(its a Jerry Telle exercise)