T Nation

Deadlift Formcheck

Never filmed or had someone critique my deadlift. But i just deadlifted for the first time in 6 weeks after a hamstring injury (got it from sprints not deadlifting)

190kg(419lbs) x 3, Old 1RM is 250kg.

And sorry if the angle is not the best but ive never filmed myself doing deads before and only had my phone so was not sure how it would turn out.

Is there a reason your not finishing the lift?

[quote]Alrightmiami19c wrote:
Is there a reason your not finishing the lift?[/quote]

As i wrote this it the first time im deadlifting after my injury and i saw it after in the video that the “lockout” is very sloppy,. Anything else i should think about ?

Also i think that the Angle/puffy clothing make it look worse then it really is.

[quote]gabbegold wrote:
Also i think that the Angle/puffy clothing make it look worse then it really is.[/quote]
If you pause the video at the top of the lift, your knees are still a good 5 or 6 inches out in front of your hips. I think if you competed, your current form would likely lead to you hitching the weight (once you actually properly lock out). That may or may not matter to you.

Also, it looks like your arms are bent and not straight. But that could be the clothes/angle.

Do you slouch in your chair/on your couch?