Deadlift Form Check

Alright thanks for the feedback guys I’ll try to do some RDLs and see where that takes me!

I had to actively tilt my butt up (like yo mama on a Saturday night) to keep my back flat during deadlifts. Then focus on keeping my body rigid as I pushed the ground away.

If you’re not actively busting your ass to stay stiff (like ya pappy on a Saturday night) something is gonna go wrong eventually.

Does this mean pushing ur ass OUT or UP? Cuz I noticed that the lower back flattens everytime I push the ass OUT.

Do y’all think that I should lower my frequency of other big lifts to focus on strengthening my hamstrings and glutes or just incorporate it into my program so that the frequency of other lifts remain relatively constant?

No. Just focus on your technique. What do you currently do for glutes and hamstrings anyway?

I currently only do leg curls and deadlifts. I plan to do RDLs, good mornings and glute bridges too.

All those moves allow you to use your back instead of your hamstrings.

Get on that Glute/Ham Raise. Learn to load up your hamstrings without having to worry about what your back is doing or messing with the barbell…

I don’t think that good mornings are a good idea for you at this point, with your back rounding issues you would be asking to get hurt. You could also do 45 degree back raises.

The thing is that you can’t extend your hips without using your hamstrings and while GHRs do use hamstrings they don’t involve any hip movement. They might help, but I don’t think that doing them in place of actual hip extension movements is going to pay off at this point.

So what exercises do u suggest I do?

RDLs mostly, can also do back raises. Leg curls and GHRs may or may not help, the main thing you need to do is learn to move at the hips while keeping a neutral spine.

Ok I’ll work hard on strengthening my hammies and glutes. I’ll update y’all along the way. Thanks for all the help guys!

Alright I went back and did some RDLs and I went did some back extensions. My 160kg Deadlift form somewhat improved. I guess I’ll credit it to the strengthening of the glutes and hammies.
160kg Deadlift :

RDLs in order of increasing sets

this is hella good. (weirdly, the advice not to “tuck under” is also something your friendly local ballet teacher will tell you until you get so tired of it you’ll hate your mother for cursing you with life)

I decided to switch to sumo but form felt a bit funny. Can y’all have a look for me?
I did 3x2 160kg.

Set 1 : - YouTube

Set 2 : - YouTube

Set 3 : - YouTube