Deadlift Form Check

Just started deadlifting a few month ago. My legs are really long so it’s kinda hard for me to get the bar over my knees, and the whole movements gets blocky. Is the form okay on the video?

It doesn’t look like your lower torso remains rigid. Take some time to learn diaphragmatic breathing and ab bracing. It might be beneficial to add some ab bracing work and lunges to develop your hip strength too. Try holding the weight in front of you if doing the lunges to work on the bracing.

[quote]lift206 wrote:
It doesn’t look like your lower torso remains rigid. Take some time to learn diaphragmatic breathing and ab bracing. It might be beneficial to add some ab bracing work and lunges to develop your hip strength too. Try holding the weight in front of you if doing the lunges to work on the bracing.[/quote]
Yeah i found out that Im not bracing my abs, and Im not using my legs properly so my lower back is doing most of the work. Thank tho :slight_smile:

Sit back a little more because shoulders are too far forward. They should be right over top of the bar so that arms are perpendicular to the plane of the floor. Look at your position in the beginning of each pull.

[quote]Apoklyps wrote:
Sit back a little more because shoulders are too far forward. They should be right over top of the bar so that arms are perpendicular to the plane of the floor. Look at your position in the beginning of each pull.[/quote]
im trying but my glutes are weak so i cant. But i will work on it.