T Nation

Deadlift Form Check

Hello all,

Recently returned to conventional deadlifts after trying sumo for a while and wanted a critique on my form please. In my eyes this form looks pretty much spot on but I'm sure there are more experienced people out there who can offer me some pointers. Thanks

You may want to start with the bar closer to you otherwise all good at that weight (which was easy for you)

[quote]tsantos wrote:
You may want to start with the bar closer to you otherwise all good at that weight (which was easy for you)[/quote]

Thanks for the tip - I’ve found it slightly easier to keep my lower back flat if I’m further away from the bar, does anybody else have this issue? I assume it’s because I can bend my knees more meaning I don’t have to bend my low back so much.

Any issues with back rounding at all? That’s been my biggest problem in the past.

you want the bar approx 1 inch from your shins.
Stand 1 inch from bar, without bending knees, grab hold. bend knees so that shins touch bar, stop. Leave ass in the air. Squeeze chest up to set the back, pull slack out of the bar and drive feet into ground.
(watch Mark Rippetoe Deadlift teaching video - if it feels easy, you did it wrong)