T Nation

Deadlift Form Check

Hello,

First time poster… Light set, just wanted to work on getting a more explosive pull…

Think my feet are pointed too outward and my arms could be slightly more extended (maybe going wide)… If there is anything that a more trained eye can pick out it would be much appreciated!

That looks fairly decent, certainly to start with. Your starting position is pretty good and it looks like you get good leg drive off the floor. IMO there are some things to work on, though.

1. pull the bar into yourself and get your shoulders behind the bar. This will keep your whole bodyweight behind the bar.

2. links to point 1, but don’t pull the bar up, pull it backwards and into yourself. A lot of the time this will mean dragging it up your legs, so get some long socks and get used to grazed shins.

3. post a video with at least 90% of your max: loads around that range and up really highlight weaknesses.

Beyond that, your starting position looks pretty good and so does your grip width. If anything, I’d suggest moving your feet in a smidge more and gripping a bit narrower too, but that’s down to how you feel. Feet seem fine, I generally point mine outward and push my knees out as I pull.

[quote]MarkKO wrote:

1. post a video with at least 90% of your max: loads around that range and up really highlight weaknesses.

[/quote]

^This. Put some weight on the bar. It looks good now, but do you keep that same form after the weights start to get heavy?

Sorry for the late reply, but thanks!

I’ll load up more weight and post another video in a couple days…