Deadlift Form Check

I have only been doing DLs for a short time and figured it would be a good time to check with the experts.

I can pick up the major problems watching people in the gym but have no idea when it comes to seeing the smaller issues. Im thinking of getting a coach to help me with some of the Olympic lifts but thats for another thread. Any tips or criticism will be appreciated thanks.

IMO…to much back, not enough leg. That is very close to what I would call a RDL without the hinge. A deadlift is a ‘pull’ not a ‘bend over and pick it up’. Do you feel the load in the heel of your foot?

You have next to no leg drive. Sink your hips down by letting your knees go forward some and keeping your chest big and proud.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
IMO…to much back, not enough leg. That is very close to what I would call a RDL without the hinge. A deadlift is a ‘pull’ not a ‘bend over and pick it up’. Do you feel the load in the heel of your foot? [/quote]

I don’t feel much load in my heels. I try to lean back a bit but guess I’m missing something. Could I put something under my toes or this not a good idea

[quote]Sheed3K wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:
IMO…to much back, not enough leg. That is very close to what I would call a RDL without the hinge. A deadlift is a ‘pull’ not a ‘bend over and pick it up’. Do you feel the load in the heel of your foot? [/quote]

I don’t feel much load in my heels. I try to lean back a bit but guess I’m missing something. Could I put something under my toes or this not a good idea [/quote]

I’ve never tried that; but I think it’s worth trying for a workout or two. As was mentioned; get your hips down more at the beginning of the pull.

It also looked like you were standing pretty wide for a conventional, could you take video from a different angle?

I did these yesterday before I saw this last post. First is with low weight (135) to see if my form is correct on low weight because Im not sure it is. The second is my attempt at keeping my ass down with a heavier weight (405). It seems like my first movement is to bring my ass up even if my starting position is down.

I try to position my feet just about shoulder width. Being 6’4 perhaps using a sumo style lift would be better suited for me?