Deadlift Form Check

I’m having trouble with how high my hips should be on my deadlift. Specifically, I think they’re too high and I’m pulling alot with my lower back. Can anybody tell me what’s wrong and how I can fix this.

Your video is set to private man.

[quote]N.K. wrote:
Your video is set to private man. [/quote]
Oops. My bad.

Fixed.

your forms looks good, just focus on pulling your chest up a little more and you will be fine.

yeah form is good. You are long and lean, which means you are built well to deadlift with relatively high hips, using a lot of back, so I wouldn’t worry much about your hips being high.

What i would worry about - lock the weight out. You need to squeeze your butt at the top of every rep. Using a lot of back is okay, but if you don’t learn how to use your butt and hamstrings too, you are going to have more and more trouble locking the weight out.

Also, work a lot on your squat and front squat. Because of your build, if you deadlift a lot you run the risk of becoming really good at deadlifting… and sucking at everything else haha. Focus on building up your squat, getting strong quads, strong hips, a strong back from front squatting, and that PLUS your naturally good for deadlifting levers will make you a really great puller. But if you don’t put the time in squatting, your deadlift will shoot up for a while, then plateau hard because it’s all movement, no muscle.

That’s my advice! Take it however you like man. Either way, form looks good, keep at it.

yeah form is good. You are long and lean, which means you are built well to deadlift with relatively high hips, using a lot of back, so I wouldn’t worry much about your hips being high.

What i would worry about - lock the weight out. You need to squeeze your butt at the top of every rep. Using a lot of back is okay, but if you don’t learn how to use your butt and hamstrings too, you are going to have more and more trouble locking the weight out.

Also, work a lot on your squat and front squat. Because of your build, if you deadlift a lot you run the risk of becoming really good at deadlifting… and sucking at everything else haha. Focus on building up your squat, getting strong quads, strong hips, a strong back from front squatting, and that PLUS your naturally good for deadlifting levers will make you a really great puller. But if you don’t put the time in squatting, your deadlift will shoot up for a while, then plateau hard because it’s all movement, no muscle.

That’s my advice! Take it however you like man. Either way, form looks good, keep at it.