T Nation

Deadlift Form Check

I'm starting o get heavier in my DLs and want to make sure that I'm not screwing up to bad. This is the first time I ever did 200 lbs. I had at least one more, maybe two but it was at the end of the workout and I was a little worn down.

I was going to ask one of the trainers at the little gym I workout in but none of them really look like they know what they are doing. I havn't really seen a whole lot of a powerlifting scene in Ithaca yet so I couldn't really find anyone to critique in person. It's mostly hippies and college students who run constantly.

Hard to tell in fast motion.

Yeah, my phone saves in a weird format. i'm going to try and fix it.

There are actually a few powerlifters that train at Ithaca, Andrew Hollenbeck for one, one of the better jr lifters in the country. Track him down, his brutally honest, so hopefully you're not sensitive

Not sensitive in the least actually. I actually get a little pissed off when people can't be blunt. I will defiantly look him up. Do you know if he is on the site at all and/or what his username is?

check your pms

I train at Ithaca. If you mean Ithaca college there are a bunch of us getting prepared for qualifiers and then college nationals actually and I don't think any one of us would be averse to helping you check your form or get your training in order.

Your intuition on the trainers is correct however, maybe 1 out of 10 squats to parallel and maybe 1 out of 10 benches 2 plates.