Deadlift Form Breaks Down with Multi-Rep Sets

Hello!

So I started focusing on powerlifting training around six months ago and am really enjoying it. I herniated a disk around two years ago and am in a good place with it now but I have still tried to focus less on polishing my ego and focused on form and improving my technique.

Which brings me to my question: I think my deadlift form is pretty good, my issue, however, is when it comes to performing multiple reps (e.g sets of 3 for speed). I find that when I pull, my legs shoot up a little and my back is almost vertical (but still nice and flat), this isn’t an issue for me when performing one rep or on multiple reps when I reset quickly in-between. However, when performing speed sets on the down section of the lift I pretty much go into a stiff-leg deadlift and really struggle to drop my hips back down to my original starting position without losing tightness and speed. Does this signify a certain muscle weakness or mobility issue, or should I just reset and power up again? Any help would be appreciated.

FYI: I am 6ft 5, 105KG (may contain puppy fat), I do have a hip mobility issue I am working on.
MAX’s = DL:180 SQ:130 BP:102.5

Send you video where you are doing the technique of the deadlift. Then you will get better advice.

…However, when performing speed sets on the down section of the lift I pretty much go into a stiff-leg deadlif…

If you are raw lifter, it is pointless to make speed sets. Practically they will not help you.

3 Likes

Hi,

thanks for your response. I will do a video of my normal form and one doing speed sets and you can take a look for me.

Thanks.

You’re welcome. No, do not make speed sets. Just send the classic version of the deadlift. In short, as you normally train him.

2 Likes

Okay will do.