Deadlift Fail, What a D-Bag

This is about a month old and the guy who is in that video has posted here. He ended up getting stitches. That was a hard way to learn a lesson, but he certainly isn’t a d-bag for passing out after a max attempt.

Theres been some hate on here concerning inexperienced or weaker lifters with less than impressive numbers, yet these guys still go to the gym regularly and train hard, so it should stop. Some guy much more impressive than you, can rightfully talk shit about your lifts, but he probably won’t because he hopefully has been humbled a bit or realizes he may be in a different league altogether where there really is no comparison.

Giving the state of affairs that most people don’t really do shit, putting people down for what they have been able to accomplish without knowing what else they in their lives they may have been dealing with is just weak.

Its a funny video, but come on, d-bag is kind of harsh considering he wasn’t wearing tap out and acting like he is better than everyone else.

Calling him a d-bag is kind of harsh indeed, but his king-kong screaming after the lift is a bit off-putting and poor gym etiquette. People should know to keep their enthusiasm in check.

I’ll call him a fool for that, but poor guy didn’t deserve the bad luck of passing out and getting his face shitstormed. Props that at least he’s going to the gym and putting the hard work (and hopefully he’ll stop screaming like a look-at-me moron. It’s just not kosher, dude.)

What I couldn’t understand is the camera man laughing as the dude cracked his face on the db’s.

someone make a motivational poster

INTENSITY

why is the dumbell rack flying towards me?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
What I couldn’t understand is the camera man laughing as the dude cracked his face on the db’s.[/quote]

Maybe the camera man is the real d-bag in this video (??? :slight_smile:

[quote]theuofh wrote:
Theres been some hate on here concerning inexperienced or weaker lifters with less than impressive numbers, yet these guys still go to the gym regularly and train hard, so it should stop. Some guy much more impressive than you, can rightfully talk shit about your lifts, but he probably won’t because he hopefully has been humbled a bit or realizes he may be in a different league altogether where there really is no comparison. [/quote]

I certainly have no hate for the guy for having low numbers, he could have been pulling 75lbs, or 600lbs, however, if he thinks he’s advanced enough to go for 1 rep maxes, he should know how to lift correctly and breath. And while I’d like to say not scream, I know some people can’t help it, I know I grunted pretty loud the first time I pulled 415.

Speaking of this video though, today waiting outside my chemistry class this guy in the class asked me if I saw it. Needless to say I started rolling.

You’re the douchebag for the aforementioned reasons, and

THIS WAS ON TOSH.0!!! IKE NEEDS A WEB REDEMPTION!!!

I actually had tears in my eyes from laughing when Tosh was going over this film. My wife didn’t quite understand how hilarious it was.

[quote]RenegadeDragon wrote:
I actually had tears in my eyes from laughing when Tosh was going over this film. My wife didn’t quite understand how hilarious it was.[/quote]

It was pretty funny watching that. TOSH has a way about breaking down a video!!

@ everyone else - Settle down…I use the term loosely. Don’t get your panties in a wad!

i went down doing a rack pull of 380ish. i wasnt hurt though, it was like slipping into a warm bath

[quote]elnyka wrote:
Calling him a d-bag is kind of harsh indeed, but his king-kong screaming after the lift is a bit off-putting and poor gym etiquette. People should know to keep their enthusiasm in check.

I’ll call him a fool for that, but poor guy didn’t deserve the bad luck of passing out and getting his face shitstormed. Props that at least he’s going to the gym and putting the hard work (and hopefully he’ll stop screaming like a look-at-me moron. It’s just not kosher, dude.)[/quote]

If you cant scream a little bit at your gym, then you need a new gym. Who cares if some cardio bunny gets a little scared?

[quote]Extremepain wrote:

[quote]elnyka wrote:

I’ll call him a fool for that, but poor guy didn’t deserve the bad luck of passing out and getting his face shitstormed. Props that at least he’s going to the gym and putting the hard work (and hopefully he’ll stop screaming like a look-at-me moron. It’s just not kosher, dude.)[/quote]

If you cant scream a little bit at your gym, then you need a new gym. Who cares if some cardio bunny gets a little scared?[/quote]

Necessary/manly grunting when lifting heavy shit =/= raising your arms and scream like “yeah! I rock!” on video.

… and what’s wrong with the website? There these “security error” pop ups flying everywhere I navigate within the site (???)

I remember the first time I squatted out of a mono, I passed out in the hole with 505 on my back and went down like a ton of bricks. Luckily I had chains set up for safety catches.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
I remember the first time I squatted out of a mono, I passed out in the hole with 505 on my back and went down like a ton of bricks. Luckily I had chains set up for safety catches.[/quote]

wow, i’ll keep that in mind next time i go heavy

Anyone know what episode number of Tosh.0 this was on?

Not sure of the episode, but you can see it here:

[quote]PaddyM wrote:
Not sure of the episode, but you can see it here:

This was absolutely hilarious, thanks a whole lot!

This video…makes my face hurt.