Deadlift Everyday?

My younger brother runs the Steve Justa program in 8 week blocks always pulling from a deficit - he recently got 260 @ 82kg and looked good for at least another 10kg.

You just have to manage the volume sensibly by starting at the recommended 70% and manage fatigue by not going more that 8 weeks on without 4 weeks off with 1 day per week schedule. Again everyones different. This type of pulling (and setting the bar down every rep) really gets you great at your setup and off the ground.

I did Smolov base mesocycle for my deadlift. Gained 45 lbs ended up pulling almost 3x BW.

Sure the gains were good after 3 weeks ouf brutally hard work but there are better ways of improving your deadlift.

Good luck!

Last bulk I did deadlifts every other day for 8 weeks. I recently got back into lifting after a drug problem, so my deadlift was 135 for maybe 5 reps at the start of this. By the end I could do almost double that for over 12 reps.

Really worked well for me, I am on AAS though, and I sleep 8-9 hours a night PLUS a 3+ hour nap every afternoon post workout after my pwo meal. I also was eating 4500+ Cals a day with 580 carbs+ a day.

Do you realize you keep resurrecting old threads or no?

2 Likes

lol, he’s too busy napping 3 hours a day and eating 6,000 calories a day while retaining 3% bodyfat to notice.

1 Like

Yeah it’s definitely something I need to pay attention too lol.

I don’t eat 6k cals a day or have anywhere near 3% bf.

Theres a lot of negative and hateful attitudes on this forum, i’m just trying to discuss bodybuilding out of love for the sport and it seems a lot of people are just here to be assholes and post in the off topic sections, or act like they know better and criticize others in the bodybuilding sections, its kind of sad.

You literally said a couple hours ago when I pointed it out to you that you weren’t gonna keep doing this. wtf is wrong with you?

1 Like

The Bulgarians hand pick kids beginning at a very young age.They have a state sonsored program. Their weightlifters are not siphoned off to pro sports such as football, baseball, etc. They are FULL TIME trainers who don’t need to work for a living.

Additionally you don’t hear about the ones who burn out and drop out. The result is a small group of genetic freaks who are pamered like racehorses.

Unless you train under those conditions, following their program is a mistake IMO. You might get away with it fora while but it WILL catch up to you.

There’s a reason that Ivan Abadjiev was known as “The Butcher”.

Read the posts again? you’re wrong…

I said on a bulk I eat over 4500 cals a day which on AAS for someone who was over 210 13%bf last bulk is not that much.

I’m currently 199 and MAYBE 11.5% last time I got a test done was just over 12, definitely a little under 12 though.

Nobody here is talking about following Bulgarian protocols or anything really even similar.

Adding two a days will only increase your recovery if done faster, as in adding a secondary chest session on your chest day, if done properly, will make you recover faster from the first one.

The point of secondary workouts is a light 15-20 minute pump workout to increase blood flow, protein synthesis, nutrient partitioning, and neural firing. I know at first glance it SOUNDS like working out twice a day can be hard to recover from ,but once you take five minutes to understand the concept its pretty basic.

Bulgarian method is like working out with heavy weights numerous times a day, and they lift probably like 4x the volume I’m discussing at much higher intensity the entire time

jbackos was talking about the Bulgarians, I responded to him and not you. If deadlifting every day is so great then how come almost nobody does it?

It’s not, I never said anything about deadlifting every day…

Nobody here is talking about light 15-20 minute pump workouts or anything really even similar. Why do you keep bringing up old threads? Do you enjoy starting stupid arguments or do you simply lack self control?

Timely repost…

1 Like

That’s the name of the thread, you fucking moron

1 Like

And sorry my bad I sometimes get my threads mixed up, I’m kind of new to forums.

I said that I managed to recover well doing deadlifts every other day. I no longer do this, but the point of the post was that I managed to recover fine doing so, and that people should think more outside of the box when it comes to there training and really experiment and find out what works for them!

I know, and I never said deadlifting every day was a good idea, so I don’t know why your asking me to defend the concept of deadlifting daily…

Good read