Deadlift Critique

Hi,

So, I’ve been working hard on my DL. In particular, trying to keep my back flat.

This lift was 140KG (308lb) 75% of TM. This was my second FSL set.

I would like to know what I could improve on. I know my a$$ comes up slightly before anything else, it’s a work in progress.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Jamie.

It’s not so much that your hips raise before anything else, it’s that you start your hips low and you seem to naturally put them in a better place before you actually pull the bar. Probably the best deadlifter of all time did the same thing, it’s no issue.

It’s pretty good over all, you over extend at the top. Try to bring your hips through more instead of leaning back so far.

[quote]tsantos wrote:
It’s not so much that your hips raise before anything else, it’s that you start your hips low and you seem to naturally put them in a better place before you actually pull the bar. Probably the best deadlifter of all time did the same thing, it’s no issue.

It’s pretty good over all, you over extend at the top. Try to bring your hips through more instead of leaning back so far.[/quote]

Thanks. Are you talking about Ed Coan?

I was trying to concentration on brining my hips through, obviously wasn’t working. It didn’t feel like I was extending back that far. Never mind, things to work on.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it.

J.