In a few weeks I will be heading back to school, which means I will be switching from my gym here in town to the school’s gym.
My university’s gym does not allow any olympic lifts, including deadlifts and rack pulls (insert rant here). I will have a barbell and some weights at my place that I can use for deadlifts instead. My problem is that I don’t know how I should fit this into my workout schedule. I usually do deads on my back day, but now I will need a seperate day for them.
My current schedule basically looks like this:
M - back
T - chest
W - OFF
F - legs
I am thinking about a few different options to add my deads in my routine:
- Work out six days each week instead of five.
- Combine my ‘shoulders’ and ‘arms’ into one day.
- Take out ‘arms’ day, instead doing biceps with back and triceps with chest, or biceps with chest and triceps with back.
- Take out ‘shoulder’ day and do anterior deltoid work with back day, posterior deltoid work (shoulder press) with chest day, and hit the medial delts on my arms day (basically splitting my shoulder routine throughout the week).
- Forget about doing deadlifts
If you were in my position, WHAT WOULD YOU DO, AND WHY? Thanks in advance for your input.