Deadlift as Two Movements. Tips?

Big problem will my dead lift. When i get really heavy it looks like its 2 movements, I bring it 2 my knees and drag it a little. From my understanding you cant do that in a comp. Any tips to get my dead lift cleaner!

If by “drag it a little” you mean “the bar stops, and I shimmy it up while violently humping the air” then you’re right, you can’t do that in a meet.

If you mean “it slows down a lot but keeps moving up, through the lockout” then you’re normal. If you can pull it from the floor to the top without it slowing down or “dragging” a bit, it’s not heavy enough.

IMO

Got a vid of your DL?

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
If by “drag it a little” you mean “the bar stops, and I shimmy it up while violently humping the air” then you’re right, you can’t do that in a meet.

If you mean “it slows down a lot but keeps moving up, through the lockout” then you’re normal. If you can pull it from the floor to the top without it slowing down or “dragging” a bit, it’s not heavy enough.

IMO

Got a vid of your DL?[/quote]

I mean i drag it. lol, ill take a vid on friday and send it to ye!

Using your thighs as a ramp to pull the bar up = red lights. No bueno.

A video would help, because it’s probably a combination of technique issues and lockout strength.

Ill start a new thread Friday with a video thanks guys

Or just update this thread (or your other deadlift thread you just posted) instead of starting a billion threads all about the same thing.

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Or just update this thread (or your other deadlift thread you just posted) instead of starting a billion threads all about the same thing.[/quote]

This.

Also, I look forward to this video. SRC 2011 has not had many posts lately

[quote]LiquidMercury wrote:
Or just update this thread (or your other deadlift thread you just posted) instead of starting a billion threads all about the same thing.[/quote]

Ay ay captain!