T Nation

Deadlift and Petechia

I have always gotten petechia from doing heavy pulls but in the past 2 months it has gotten much worse. After a heavy back day it will look like i have shiners in my eyes. Cosmetically i dont have any problem with this at all, in fact i think its kind of cool, but i am a nurse and apparently talking to patients when it looks like you have been in a bar fight is frowned upon. Has anyone ever had this problem? know any breathing techniques that would maybe help? I love lifting, especially heavy pulls on back day, but this is starting to become very inconvenient.

Appreciate any input.

dont know why that one is upside down but here is another one

wtf… why are those upside down? well you get the point.

Doctor. Go to one. You’re lifting, causing a spike in your BP making those vessels in your face burst. That means that your BP is going dangerously high when lifting. Get it checked out before you blow one in your brain.

As a nurse, I’m sure you’d be aware if you were chronically hypertensive. I’d tend to think along the lines of some form of venus wall weakness rather than excessive bp. How old are you?

[quote]kirchman wrote:
I have always gotten petechia from doing heavy pulls but in the past 2 months it has gotten much worse. After a heavy back day it will look like i have shiners in my eyes. Cosmetically i dont have any problem with this at all, in fact i think its kind of cool, but i am a nurse and apparently talking to patients when it looks like you have been in a bar fight is frowned upon. Has anyone ever had this problem? know any breathing techniques that would maybe help? I love lifting, especially heavy pulls on back day, but this is starting to become very inconvenient.

Appreciate any input. [/quote]

Yeah I get the same along my forehead…especially when grinding out forced reps and leg pressing, I do find it escalates even more so when I use NO Xplode or superpump250. It resulted in dry blotchy skin around the area, my doctor prescribed me a steroid cream (LOL) to apply to the said areas and it worked well yeah.