Deadlift Advice Needed

Hey everyone, I’m new here and in need of advice.
Ive been training in a bodybuilding type format for some time, and Im looking to add some weight to my deadlift. Im currently stuck at 5 reps of 415 lbs, as Ive only just started deading again after some serious pain related to flat feet and lack of shoe inserts.

Can anyone recommend a good program that will help bring me up to 500?
BTW stats: 22 yo, 4 years lifting experience, 215 lbs, three quarters of the way through a cut.

Hey man, good to hear that you’ve decided to focus on your deadlift again.

I’m not sure how you’ve been treating the rep ranges in your deadlift training until now, but the best way to deadlift heavy is… To deadlift heavy. I mean heavy singles, doubles and triples. If you’ve been using higher rep ranges as part of your bodybuilding training until now, you should make steady and quick improvements by going for lower, heavier reps. Afterwards, when you plateau out, you can begin to worry about advanced techniques and assistance exercises – although I assume you’ll be OK in the latter as you’ve probably been targeting the posterior chain in various ways as part of your bodybuilding-type program.

That said, there are a ton of programs out there that can help you out. 5/3/1 is a good starting point, although there really isn’t a lot of room in there for heavy singles per se until the third or fourth cycle when your original max begins to catch up with you.

[quote]kgildner wrote:
Hey man, good to hear that you’ve decided to focus on your deadlift again.

I’m not sure how you’ve been treating the rep ranges in your deadlift training until now, but the best way to deadlift heavy is… To deadlift heavy. I mean heavy singles, doubles and triples. If you’ve been using higher rep ranges as part of your bodybuilding training until now, you should make steady and quick improvements by going for lower, heavier reps. Afterwards, when you plateau out, you can begin to worry about advanced techniques and assistance exercises – although I assume you’ll be OK in the latter as you’ve probably been targeting the posterior chain in various ways as part of your bodybuilding-type program.

That said, there are a ton of programs out there that can help you out. 5/3/1 is a good starting point, although there really isn’t a lot of room in there for heavy singles per se until the third or fourth cycle when your original max begins to catch up with you.[/quote]

good answer man

I’d highly recommend the coan/philipi deadlift program, it’s a heavy program, followed by speed work, followed by some great assistance exercises for the deadlift.

Beware, it is not easy, you may want to lower your max 20lbs and then do it, actually I’d highly recommend that, maybe even 30lbs.

just google coan/philipi deadlift and it will be one of the top hits, you just put your max in and it tells you what to do

Thanks for the advice fellas, Ill read up on these now.