Deadlift 425 x 5

I injured my knee 2 weeks ago and this was my first proper deadlift session since that happened. Excuse the straps and the touch and go reps pls.

sweet man.

Umm. Errr. Why are you lifting off all those mats? Why not just lift from the floor with a lighter weight? As in, why not deadlift “properly”?

Alright, man, I’m going to say what you already know, but you’re doing those deadlifts on about two or three inches of mats. Still some good lifting, you look to be running about 160-170 lbs.

Not to be a dick, but I guess Im going to be one, why did you make a thread out of this, if this was some record theres a thread for that

If you need to have the mats down to protect the floor, try standing on something of equal height such that you are pulling from ground level.

[quote]MattyXL wrote:
Not to be a dick, but I guess Im going to be one, why did you make a thread out of this, if this was some record theres a thread for that[/quote]

this was my thought

[quote]csulli wrote:
If you need to have the mats down to protect the floor, try standing on something of equal height such that you are pulling from ground level.[/quote]
Clearly this guy is trying to build his youtube channel. He regularly posts videos here to try to get views.

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
If you need to have the mats down to protect the floor, try standing on something of equal height such that you are pulling from ground level.[/quote]
Clearly this guy is trying to build his youtube channel. He regularly posts videos here to try to get views. [/quote]

Why would he do that? He is not a pro and no matter how many youtube views you have your nothing until our on a platform. Not trying to be a dick but, what would be the point in this?

will take ALL the advice guys, thanks

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]Silyak wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Clearly this guy is trying to build his youtube channel. He regularly posts videos here to try to get views. [/quote]

Why would he do that? He is not a pro and no matter how many youtube views you have your nothing until our on a platform. Not trying to be a dick but, what would be the point in this?[/quote]
If you can build a strong enough channel it can be monetized. If people watch your stuff, Youtube doesn’t care if you are a pro. They still give you a cut of the ad revenue.

If he could up the weight by ~100%, put a washing machine behind him and scream at the camera a lot, I see big things happening for his channel.

I liked the ninjah roll

Not going to be a prick and I’ll give advice. If you need the mat’s so you don’t bang the floor etc then you have to pull from something equal in height… Also on every rep after you’re first you don’t use you’re legs at all? Stiff legs = more strain on back you can end up seriously hurting yourself. Please revise form and lower you’re ass and engage hips more.

Why hold the weight on the top for so long???

I actually sprained my knee last month and this is how i’m working around the injury, the mats are there because I can’t pull too heavy off the floor as yet and the straps are to decrease the distance I have to pull because the bar has an extra wide smooth part.

I’m actually using the touch and go reps so that I could work on my lockout which is my biggest weakness and I have no issues breaking the weight off the floor so far