Deadkong's Quattro Dynamo journal

Friday, November 12, 2010 Untitled week

full Squats 135lbs X 5, 145 x 5, 155 X 5, 165 X 5 stopped

I am still forging on with my leg work. My left ham has been well enough of the last few weeks I didn’t think not to try some right high kicks yesterday. An hour later my left ham was sensitive. this morning I was better but decided on an instinct to stop after the 4th set. Still, for those first 4 sets my weights were higher than last week. 4 days until I hit the ham again with deads.

You sound like your own worst enemy DK. High kicks with a dodgy hamstring? That doesn’t sound sensible.

Good day, I admit that I spend much more time viewing/posting on another board, but it is very slow and I just got hit with the bug to seek advice.

I had been doing a program that is similar to the quattro pro for upper body work. Lower body is on a separate stream due to a hamstring I am rehabbing.

For the first seven weeks of this I did the general 5 sets of 3 supersetted with 60 seconds between pairings.

I then took a week off even though I didn’t badly need it. I came back with the same program but switched it to 4 sets of 5 for supersets, 75 seconds between sets.

For chest I am very stagnant in the 3 weeks since I have been back at it, here is a sampling:

Friday, March 4, 2011 Week 8, day 3

dips body (200lbs) + 45lbs X 5 X 5 x 4 x 3
BB upright rows 115lbs x 5 X 5 X 5 X 4

thursday, March 10, 2011 week 9, day 3

dips body + 45lbs X 5 X 5 x 4 X 2 fail
upright rows 115lbs x 5 X 5 X 5 x 4

thursday, March 17, 2011 Week 10, day 3

dips body + 45lbs X 5 X 5 X 4 X 3
BB upright rows 115lbs X 5 X 5 X 5 x 4

So these are push/pull supersets and I just wonder if anyone thinks I am better off increasing rest between supersets to 90 seconds, or should I switch up exercise selection or what?

please and thanks in advance.