Dead Woman Behind Bookcase

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. - A woman’s body was found wedged upside-down behind a bookcase in the home she shared with relatives who had spent nearly two weeks looking for her.

A spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office said Mariesa Weber’s death was not suspicious. Family members said they believe she fell over as she tried to adjust the plug of a television behind the bookshelf.

Weber, 38, returned home Oct. 28 and greeted her mother, then was not seen again. Her family thought she had been kidnapped and contacted authorities. Family members scoured her room for clues but found nothing, though they did notice a strange smell.

Late one night Weber’s sister went into her bedroom and looked behind a bookcase, where she saw the woman’s foot. Using a flashlight the family saw Weber was wedged upside-down behind the unit.

“I’m sleeping in the same house as her for 11 days, looking for her,” her mother, Connie Weber, told the St. Petersburg Times. “And she’s right in the bedroom.”

Both Weber and her sister had previously adjusted the television plug by standing on a bureau next to the shelf and leaning over the top. Her family believes Weber, who was 5-foot-3 and barely 100 pounds, may have fallen headfirst into the space.

“She’s a little thing,” her mother said. “And the bookcase is 6 feet tall and solid. And she couldn’t get out.”

The sheriff’s office said Weber appeared to have died because she was unable to breathe in the position she was in.

11 DAYS!!! How do you not notice anything???
This is just so weird?!?!?!

wow, there lieing.
Family members said they believe she fell over as she tried to adjust the plug of a television behind the bookshelf.
Why the hell would she be handstanding in a small gap changing the plug of the telly?

How come they didnt notice the smell, its bs.

So,

When do rotting corpses begin to start smelling bad?

[quote]christine wrote:
So,

When do rotting corpses begin to start smelling bad? [/quote]

Around day 3 depending on surrounding conditions. In an air conditioned house, by day 3-4 there should have been no mistaking what was wrong. The fact that it went on for ELEVEN DAYS makes me question this case. By that time, the body was in full rot and there should have even been insect infestation of the corpse.

Yeah, no shit…

I’m lazy as hell sometimes but I still end up playing the “find the smell” game when it persists for very long.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Hey Prof, I ‘heard’ somewhere that dependant on the amount of preservatives in the food a person consumes, their corpse can take much longer to begin decomposing. What are your thoughts on this? I assume it’s BS, since most of the initial decomp comes from autolysis, which would be independant of preservatives, I guess.[/quote]

Bullshit. Surrounding temperature would have the greatest effect on corpse decomposition along with insect infestation.