Dead Squat Launch HDL Sets

CT-what type of HDL sets do you recommend on Dead Squat launch? I just tried them for the first time. I enjoyed the movement, but got winded on the HDL 54321 sets. I think it will take a few workouts to get the full three sets. I know you switched to 3 sets of 5 with 30 second rest on high pulls. is that an option here as well? Thanks as always for your help.

[quote]al brown wrote:
CT-what type of HDL sets do you recommend on Dead Squat launch? I just tried them for the first time. I enjoyed the movement, but got winded on the HDL 54321 sets. I think it will take a few workouts to get the full three sets. I know you switched to 3 sets of 5 with 30 second rest on high pulls. is that an option here as well? Thanks as always for your help.[/quote]
i \
Same as what I do with high pulls … do 4 reps… 1 from the floor + 3 from the hang (only lowering to mid thigh then explode up)… do 3 sets with 30 sec of rest.

would you still consider this enough stimulation for the legs?

[quote]al brown wrote:
would you still consider this enough stimulation for the legs? [/quote]

Totally… do not forget the 2 high pull session which also hit the legs pretty well. That having been said, you know, after a high pull session you can end with a row or biceps work. But after the Dead-Squat launch I sometimes add 3-4 sets of the leg press or hack squat or front squats.

CT. Could you please give me verbal cues and technique tips for the dead-squat launch? How does it differ from regular dead lifts or other pulls from the floor with the dead squat bar? What are the cues that you use to shift the emphasis to the quads as opposed to the posterior chain? Thanks CT. I am trying to maximize the effectiveness of my purchase of the dead-squat bar. I love it for several different lifts and I am looking to get more quad stimulation with it. Thanks again.

[quote]studgorilla wrote:
CT. Could you please give me verbal cues and technique tips for the dead-squat launch? How does it differ from regular dead lifts or other pulls from the floor with the dead squat bar? What are the cues that you use to shift the emphasis to the quads as opposed to the posterior chain? Thanks CT. I am trying to maximize the effectiveness of my purchase of the dead-squat bar. I love it for several different lifts and I am looking to get more quad stimulation with it. Thanks again.[/quote]

1. STARTING POSITION: torso as upright as possible, lower back tightly arched

2. FIRST PULL (from floor to mid-tigh): controlled movement speed, keep torso upright and back tight

3. EXPLOSION (mid-thigh): Explode upward with your legs going all the way up to the tip of your toes (imagine that you are jumping), have tje bar travel above navel, but only with the explosive leg drive, not arm pull

*** There is no pause between the first pull and explosion… as soon as the bar reached mid-thigh go into turbo mode!

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]al brown wrote:
CT-what type of HDL sets do you recommend on Dead Squat launch? I just tried them for the first time. I enjoyed the movement, but got winded on the HDL 54321 sets. I think it will take a few workouts to get the full three sets. I know you switched to 3 sets of 5 with 30 second rest on high pulls. is that an option here as well? Thanks as always for your help.[/quote]
i \
Same as what I do with high pulls … do 4 reps… 1 from the floor + 3 from the hang (only lowering to mid thigh then explode up)… do 3 sets with 30 sec of rest.[/quote]
can you usethis same method with low pulls?

[quote]domcib wrote:

[quote]Christian Thibaudeau wrote:

[quote]al brown wrote:
i \
Same as what I do with high pulls … do 4 reps… 1 from the floor + 3 from the hang (only lowering to mid thigh then explode up)… do 3 sets with 30 sec of rest.[/quote]
can you usethis same method with low pulls?[/quote]

Any type of explosive pulls

Thanks, CT