Dead in the Cubicle

Accounting is one of the most dangerous professions in the world

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Does anyone else remember that crazy asian kid that died from dehydration and heart attack as a youngen because he was playing WOW or EverQuest?

[/quote]

Was that for real… or just urban legend?

Ima go look it up…

EDIT: Apparently this IS true. Even a young girl died playing WOW for several days straight, ignoring her health.[/quote]

that is so sad!!!

A child died in the bathtub because mom was on facebook

A thirteen year old boy that cannot safely use a bathtub?

Natural selection.

[quote]TommyGunz32 wrote:
Accounting is one of the most dangerous professions in the world[/quote]

Only if you work for the IRS.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Does anyone else remember that crazy asian kid that died from dehydration and heart attack as a youngen because he was playing WOW or EverQuest?

[/quote]

Was that for real… or just urban legend?

Ima go look it up…

EDIT: Apparently this IS true. Even a young girl died playing WOW for several days straight, ignoring her health.[/quote]

that is so sad!!!

A child died in the bathtub because mom was on facebook

A thirteen year old boy that cannot safely use a bathtub?

Natural selection.

[/quote]

Go back and read it again, 13 months. Kid still had a chance but mom should have died after giving birth, that is the natural selection.

I believe it. At my old work one guy on another floor was having a heart attack. Not only did no one help him, but his supervisor flat out refused to do anything other than tell him “you can drive yourself to the hospital”. Sadly he didn’t make it there and passed away. How that supervisor still held onto their job is beyond me.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I believe it. At my old work one guy on another floor was having a heart attack. Not only did no one help him, but his supervisor flat out refused to do anything other than tell him “you can drive yourself to the hospital”. Sadly he didn’t make it there and passed away. How that supervisor still held onto their job is beyond me. [/quote]

I posted on here a while ago about a guy in shipping and receiving that was eating kat litter to lose weight. He ended up dying due to complications from sepsis and all kinds of things. He also wanted to sue since part of his pain happened due to moving things at work.

so bizarre.

Do they still do the Darwin Awards?

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I believe it. At my old work one guy on another floor was having a heart attack. Not only did no one help him, but his supervisor flat out refused to do anything other than tell him “you can drive yourself to the hospital”. Sadly he didn’t make it there and passed away. How that supervisor still held onto their job is beyond me. [/quote]

NO WAY!!!@

oh holey moley. Why didn’t he call 911 from his desk?

holey moley

Death by Cubicle?

I really am a spoiled cubicle employee and thank goodness. My work even instituted a Wellness Program where you are not having to use vacation time for physical assessments, doctor visits or blood draws.

It was probably the result of a cubicle fight…

http://www.hulu.com/watch/18983/saturday-night-live-snl-digital-short-cubicle-fight

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:

NO WAY!!!@

oh holey moley. Why didn’t he call 911 from his desk?

[/quote]

I think it’s a case of not really believing they’re having a heart attack, thinking instead they’re winded and simply need to relax for a little bit.

On my floor another person had a heart attack who didn’t believe it, but the supervisor and co workers new something wasn’t right and called 911.

This is a sad freaking testimony to a life.

L.A. County Employee Found Dead in Cubicle a Day Later

DOWNEY (KTLA) – An L.A. County employee apparently died while working in her cubicle on Friday, but no one noticed for quite some time.

51-year-old Rebecca Wells was found by a security guard on Saturday afternoon. She was slumped over on her desk in the L.A. County Department of Internal Services.

“I came in Saturday to do a little work, and I saw them when they were taking her out,” co-worker Hattie Robertson told KTLA.

The exact time of death is not clear, but detectives say that, at worst, she had been dead for a day before her body was discovered.

The last time a co-worker saw her alive was Friday morning around 9:00 a.m., according to Downy police detectives.

Wells, a USC graduate, was a longtime compliance auditor, and had recently become a grandmother, according to co-workers.

Investigators have not determined the official cause of death, but they say foul play is not suspected.[/quote]

Shit like this is why I’m glad I work in a Horse trailer. It’s a really nice horse trailer.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ Hahahahahahaha have to wait until BG sees this thread to answer this for sure about the workers comp. But yes it would be an OSHA fatality and a ton of fucking paperwork. [/quote]

I’m not a comp expert (separate discipline) but it could be workers compensation and there could be come limited benefit to the heirs. I’m pretty sure it would be considered to have occurred within the course and scope of her employment.

Walking around a cube farm myself, I’m surprised there aren’t more people dying in them. I see multiple people who are 100+lbs over weight, it’s like the cast of the biggest loser a giant candy machine and no gym.

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:
^ Hahahahahahaha have to wait until BG sees this thread to answer this for sure about the workers comp. But yes it would be an OSHA fatality and a ton of fucking paperwork. [/quote]

I’m not a comp expert (separate discipline) but it could be workers compensation and there could be come limited benefit to the heirs. I’m pretty sure it would be considered to have occurred within the course and scope of her employment.[/quote]

From my dealings with WC proof of cause of death will determine if compensable or not. Such as if the individual had history of coronary artery disease then not compensable. However if she was in an argument with her boss that casued an increase in her blood pressure and she had a stroke and died, then different story.

I’d be okay with dying in my cubicle. It’s like a pre-school at my desk covered with nerf toys and lego. Plus a lot of electronics and a couple of plasmas within view. My last job I had a desk about 2 feet wide and could barely move in the cube though ugh.

Ugly

I die a little in my cubicle each day :frowning:

So if a hooker dies on the job is that the same as dying in a cubicle?

I have a lovely office. Just lovely.

Moving to cubicles later this year though FML.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
So if a hooker dies on the job is that the same as dying in a cubicle? [/quote]

If she uses bondage gear while doing it much of the psychological dynamic would probably be similar?