Dead in the Cubicle

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/5/b/5b081_ORIG-office_space_06_full1.jpg

This is a sad freaking testimony to a life.

L.A. County Employee Found Dead in Cubicle a Day Later

DOWNEY (KTLA) – An L.A. County employee apparently died while working in her cubicle on Friday, but no one noticed for quite some time.

51-year-old Rebecca Wells was found by a security guard on Saturday afternoon. She was slumped over on her desk in the L.A. County Department of Internal Services.

“I came in Saturday to do a little work, and I saw them when they were taking her out,” co-worker Hattie Robertson told KTLA.

The exact time of death is not clear, but detectives say that, at worst, she had been dead for a day before her body was discovered.

The last time a co-worker saw her alive was Friday morning around 9:00 a.m., according to Downy police detectives.

Wells, a USC graduate, was a longtime compliance auditor, and had recently become a grandmother, according to co-workers.

Investigators have not determined the official cause of death, but they say foul play is not suspected.

When is someone going to step up and do something about these terrible cubicles?

People are dying in them.

Jeez.

The worst that could happen to me is getting hit by the lightrail outside my office. Which yes is my total nightmare killed at work. shudder

I dont have have to die on an 18 year old stripper, but Lord, not in a cubicle.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/6/1/618ff_ORIG-balloons1.jpg

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
When is someone going to step up and do something about these terrible cubicles?

People are dying in them.[/quote]

hahaha!!!

It just struck me like those plastic wrap thingies on the soda cans that are strangling sea birds.

Wait… was that too random. Not that I find cubicle workers with plastic thingies around their neck. Well maybe… how horrible was their job? Is this a suicide?

See pic, sad… sad… sad

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/a/9/a9d5e_ORIG-lightsaber.jpg

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Jeez.

The worst that could happen to me is getting hit by the lightrail outside my office. Which yes is my total nightmare killed at work. shudder[/quote]

what the heck is a lightrail?

Is it like a ginormous lightsaber? Which is of course, very cool.

I can’t really think of any way I’d rather go less than in a cublicle. It’s not even a good story for your friends and family to tell.

Ibet she gets reprimanded post mortem for working herself to death too.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
This is a sad freaking testimony to a life.

L.A. County Employee Found Dead in Cubicle a Day Later

DOWNEY (KTLA) – An L.A. County employee apparently died while working in her cubicle on Friday, but no one noticed for quite some time.

51-year-old Rebecca Wells was found by a security guard on Saturday afternoon. She was slumped over on her desk in the L.A. County Department of Internal Services.

“I came in Saturday to do a little work, and I saw them when they were taking her out,” co-worker Hattie Robertson told KTLA.

The exact time of death is not clear, but detectives say that, at worst, she had been dead for a day before her body was discovered.

The last time a co-worker saw her alive was Friday morning around 9:00 a.m., according to Downy police detectives.

Wells, a USC graduate, was a longtime compliance auditor, and had recently become a grandmother, according to co-workers.

Investigators have not determined the official cause of death, but they say foul play is not suspected.[/quote]

Sad to say, that’s not really unusual. At least one person a year has died at their desk where I work. There seems to be a news story like this every few months with someone dying and not being found until Monday morning or over the weekend.

[quote]Sturat wrote:
I can’t really think of any way I’d rather go less than in a cublicle. It’s not even a good story for your friends and family to tell.

Ibet she gets reprimanded post mortem for working herself to death too.[/quote]

I’d rather die in a cubicle than be eaten by something like a crocodile ya that would suck big time.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Jeez.

The worst that could happen to me is getting hit by the lightrail outside my office. Which yes is my total nightmare killed at work. shudder[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh god I wish! I’m pretty sure death by light saber sends one straight to Valhalla.
No, lightrail is a fucking TRAIN.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Jeez.

Headlines: “Death by 70 TONS OF METAL”

And then dozens of riders will just be pissed that their train was late :frowning:

I will hold a memorial service and pour out some liquid chalk onto the concrete in remembrance.

Better at work than home, it could have been months till they find her.

I actually think that will rise with the ever increasing social isolation that we are trending towards.

[quote]Hallowed wrote:

[quote]Hallowed wrote:
Jeez.

[/quote]

Oh god I wish! I’m pretty sure death by light saber sends one straight to Valhalla.
No, lightrail is a fucking TRAIN.
[/quote]

Oh a train!!!

I have seen one. I wish we had a bullet train to Las Vegas. That would be awesome. But we don’t . We do have some trains. But really… why do they stop so much? I just want here to LA and here to Las Vegas.

[quote]DJHT wrote:
Better at work than home, it could have been months till they find her.

I actually think that will rise with the ever increasing social isolation that we are trending towards. [/quote]

Scary thing, a friend of mine works in an insurance company and has mentioned that the number of on sight deaths for folks in cubicles, security, or night shift, has increased. The sad thing she said, is that is wasn’t always noticed right away.

Does anyone else remember that crazy asian kid that died from dehydration and heart attack as a youngen because he was playing WOW or EverQuest?

So like, would she get workman’s comp?

Did the bitch even have the courtesy to clock out?

I bet the coroner wrote that down in his notes.

^ Hahahahahahaha have to wait until BG sees this thread to answer this for sure about the workers comp. But yes it would be an OSHA fatality and a ton of fucking paperwork.

And I bet it would all be null if IT finds out she was logged into Facebook at the time of death.

Family will sue Zuckerberg for the exact amount of life insurance/benefits she’d get denied for this, and he will have sold an extra 1% of shares to Microsoft by 2012, just before the IPO.

Goddamn, I’m good. Lick my balls, Jim Cramer.

Does anyone else remember that crazy asian kid that died from dehydration and heart attack as a youngen because he was playing WOW or EverQuest?

[/quote]

Was that for real… or just urban legend?

Ima go look it up…

EDIT: Apparently this IS true. Even a young girl died playing WOW for several days straight, ignoring her health.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

Was that for real… or just urban legend?

Ima go look it up…

EDIT: Apparently this IS true. Even a young girl died playing WOW for several days straight, ignoring her health.[/quote]

that is so sad!!!

A child died in the bathtub because mom was on facebook

It’s true. Gaming addiction is one of the biggest social ills in Asian countries, especially Japan.