DE Work: With or Without Suit?

How do you guys do your DE work, in gear or without it? How high of a box do you use?

thanks.

either raw or with a pair of light briefs (think power pants) that you arent getting much (if any) carryover out of.

Parallel or lower box.

i too do exactly what stronghold said…

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
either raw or with a pair of light briefs (think power pants) that you arent getting much (if any) carryover out of.

Parallel or lower box.[/quote]

suit bottoms? I know the parallel or lower box, but I was wondering exact inches.

I’ll be useing a 14" or 12".

so I would be doing this raw on DE day, given a 14" box

Week 1 (63 %): 10x2 @ 255 lbs + 80 lbs of chains at top

Week 2 (65 %): 10x2 @ 265 lbs + 80 lbs of chains at top

Week 3 (68 %): 10x2 @ 275 lbs + 80 lbs of chains at top

seems like the %s are a little high.

Well thanks for this , i was about to make a topic about the same subject, when they say you should stay around 60% for DE is it 60% of bar weight and then add like a light band, or do you take the band resistance into the 60%?

I also squat quite a bit more with gear, so does the 60% come from the full gear max, or my powerpants max?

I would wear light breifs (powerpants as mentioned). I am currently box squatting raw and it tears the hell out of your hips. I use a 14-15" box for reference (I am 6’3")

I always wear briefs for box squatting, either predators or sometimes a pair of (now) loose metal ace.

My box is exactly what I need to hit depth in a meet. Not sure the height, its 2 boxes and 3 mats. :wink:

Don’t worry about inches, everyone’s will be different due to different body structures. Just set one up and have someone who isn’t a dipshit check your depth.

Your percentages are too high if you’re going to use chains, imo.

I use a 12-13" box. I go raw sometimes, and use power pants other times. For example, I might go 3 weeks raw with straight weight, then deload. 3 weeks with power pants and bands, working on widening stance a bit (usually out of monolift), then deload. Then raw again with a belt, squatting against chains, then deload and test new max. Somtimes I will do my warm up sets to a lower box.

Matso1236-if you buy pretty much any of the efs manuals, they will tell you to take away about 10% if you are using bands. Keep the percentages the same for chains, as they will be fully deloaded at the bottom. They will also say multiple times that bar speed is the determining factor over percentages. They are just a starting point. I the bar moves slow, take away weight. If the bar moves fast, try adding some weight if you can keep the speed the same.

Zephead-I think starting with those percentages would be fine if you are using suit bottoms. Are you basing those percentages off of best suit max, with wraps, etc., or just your best raw squat?

My box is probably 14 or 15 inches. I’m pretty long legged though. You really just need to get someone who understands what depth is to look at you from the side when you’re on the box.

I use briefs-but not real tight- when am doing lighter, true DE work. When I am doing heavy band tension, kind of like circa max work, I use tight briefs the first week and suit and briefs the second week.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Your percentages are too high if you’re going to use chains, imo.[/quote]

what kind of wave do you recomend? I’m just using a calculator from tsampa.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
Stronghold wrote:

what kind of wave do you recomend? I’m just using a calculator from tsampa.[/quote]

I prefer 50-60% personally.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
zephead4747 wrote:
Stronghold wrote:

what kind of wave do you recomend? I’m just using a calculator from tsampa.

I prefer 50-60% personally.[/quote]

thanks.

what about benching? are you guys going raw or with gear?

raw hi board closer grip stuff on one day. geared up the other working down from a 3board or so…

Lol at the thought of doing full range presses in a shirt it 50-60% of your max…