Dchris's Grappling with Age

Pretty sure 1 cup of isn’t going to be the end of the world. :smirk:

2 Likes

No, that’s actually exactly what that means. :sob:

My back is still a little tight, so didn’t do KB swings this morning. I should be good for squats this evening though.

My diet has been pretty consistent with the same foods.
Breakfast
1/2lb of Ground Pork
74F 52P

2 Eggs
10F 12P

Avocado Oil
2TBSP 28F

Lunch
Cup or Two of bacon Brussel Sprouts

Dinner
A fatty meat and veggie
OR,
A lean meat, with a veggie cooked with a fatty assistance meat. ie. cabbage roasted with cheese and prosciutto on top, bacon and brussels, collard greens and pancetta, etc

If I get hungry during the day, I’ll eat a TB of peanut or almond butter.

1 Like

If there was ever a way to make brussel sprouts edible this would be it :smiley:

1 Like

I used to hate them, but discovered you just have to cook veggies the right way. Also, I’m spoiled because there is a place around the corner from my office where I can them for $5 for lunch.

1/5
Back is in pain. Had serious sciatic pain down my left leg and into my foot while driving. @Yogi1 and @theBird can I be a member of your old and broken club? It’s been forever since I’ve been down like this.

I guess I’m weird, I have never tasted a brussel sprout I didn’t like. I usually just fry them up in a bit of soy sauce if I’m not feeling fancy.

2 Likes

Fried with beer and bacon is my favorite! I suppose my early problem with them was I only had them at my grandmas and she cooked them depression style.

2 Likes

it’s fashionable to hate brussel sprouts. Like ginger people and Tom Cruise

3 Likes

pull up an orthopaedic chair!

Did you see in my log that theBird is considering an Edinburgh trip in June? Everyone wants to come party with Yogi! Haha

1 Like

How dare you say that midget’s name in my thread!

@theBird Come in april!

Back is finally feeling better. Missed a workout yesterday as I had to drive several hours to and from a new project. I’m actually pretty excited about this one, aside from the travel and hotel stays several nights a week, it’ll be a fun project.

1/7
Morning weight 221. I really hope I can wake up tomorrow at 220.

Warmup
50KB Swings
10 KB Snatches/arm

Front Squat
3x3 +3
This was actually a PR. I hit 195x6. I’ve done 225 for a single once, but never really attempted more than 185, which is why I’ve been prioritizing my front squat. My back squat was 385lbs last summer, but could hardly hit 185 for a front squat. Come June 2nd, I’ll be shooting for 315lb FS, 455lb BS, 605 DL, and 275 Push Press (I don’t bench)

Back Squat
LSL 2x10

Split Squats
3x10/leg

1 Like

Solid starting point man, looking forward to following along! Keep killing it!

1 Like

1/8

Chest
100KB swings

incline Bench
5x5

Suspended Ring Flies
2x10 - Just did a make shift with these during the workout. I’ll need to play with it some more to get it right.

Bis/Tris

1 Like

Well, was pretty stoked for a deadlift day tonight, but just got a call asking me to present at a school board meeting; such is life. Might try to get some KB swings in later tonight.

Also, morning weight was 221. <— F that number. I want to see 220.

2 Likes

Life can be such a pain in the ass sometimes.

1 Like

Good god, you’re telling me. I am glued to my desk and contemplating having biscuits and gravy delivered to my office. I need to be talked off the ledge. haha. Also, another board meeting tomorrow night and hotel living. I need to find a way to get my work outs in, while staying at a hotel several consecutive nights a week.

1 Like

You should just give in…

2 Likes

That does suck, though. Do you have to fly a lot or is it more local travel?

Sadly, it’s just shy of a 3 hour drive to a rural community. Too close to fly, and too far to have a decent hotel gym.

1 Like

Sounds like Klamath Falls, lol!

1 Like

Not that far south. West of Roseburg :confused:

1/10
My head didn’t leave my desk all day. Sadly the restaurant that had biscuits and gravy stopped delivering at 1130. So, I had a chicken Caprese Flatbread sandwich with sweet potato fries. Not the worst choice, all things considered, but still not to plan. Oh well, it was fuel for my workout.

Morning weight 222 - I got home from the board meeting late and had a late dinner right before bed. I knew it’d show ok the scale.

Morning
100KB swings
2x15 KB rows

Night
Deadlift
3x3 +1 - I need to use straps.
FSL 2xAMRAP

SGHP
3x12

Finished with curls because I had a pump for some reason.

Have an early morning tomorrow then have to drive several hours for a board meeting, probably won’t get to the hotel until after 930. I’ll lug my 55lb Kb to the hotel in case I get a late night desire to swing. Haha