DC Training

Has anyone tried DoggCrapp Training before? How did it go?

I did it for 2 months. I planned to do it longer, but then I competed in my first meet and got bit by the powerlifting bug.

Great program though, teaches you a lot, if you actually do your research on it at least. I didn’t really put much on my squat with it though. If I had to do it all over again, I would do the heavy squat type movement at the start of the lower body day, then do the rest of it and finish with the widowmaker, but it wouldn’t be DC if I did that.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I did it for 2 months. I planned to do it longer, but then I competed in my first meet and got bit by the powerlifting bug.

Great program though, teaches you a lot, if you actually do your research on it at least. I didn’t really put much on my squat with it though. If I had to do it all over again, I would do the heavy squat type movement at the start of the lower body day, then do the rest of it and finish with the widowmaker, but it wouldn’t be DC if I did that.[/quote]

I have read that this program is for “power-building,” where the goal is to increase size by increasing strength. My goal is to get bigger and stronger. Do you think this program would fit me based on my goals?

I think pretty much any program will make you bigger and stronger.

I would say read everything Dante has written on the subject (head over to his website, you can google it) and decide if it sounds like a program you’d like to run.

DC training is fantastic if you follow it exactly how dante designed it to be. I would say though that it is imperative to have a solid base before taking on a program like DC training. I think that it would be something to take on after hitting a significant plateau. It is pretty brutal, and also kind of boring as you don’t get a lot of variety but it is very effective if you do it right and eat enough. If you meet the criteria then I would say go for it!

Here are the exercises I am planning on doing. Tell me what you think and if you have any different suggestions:

Chest:
DB Bench Press
Barbell Decline Bench Press
Smith Machine Incline Bench Press

Shoulders:
Seated DB Press
Jerk Press
Seated Smith Machine Press

Triceps:
Dips
Barbell Close Grip Bench Press
Skull Crushers

Back Width:
Pull Ups
Chin Ups
Wide Grip Lat Pulls

Back Thickness:
Deadlift
Hammer Strength Machine Low Row
T Bar Row

Biceps:
EZ Bar Preacher Curl
Standing Barbell Curl
Alternating Seated DB Curl

Forearms:
Pinwheel Curls
Standing Reverse Grip Barbell Curls
Alternating Standing Hammer Curls

Calves:
Seated Calf Raise
Standing Calf Raise
Calves on Leg Press

Hamstrings:
Leg Curl
Glute-Ham Raise
Stiff Leg Deadlift

Quadriceps:
Low Bar Squat
Leg Press
Front Squat

Also, I think the Extreme Stretching will really help me since my flexibility is so poor. How did the Extreme Stretching go for you, T3hPwnisher?

[quote]mwiersma wrote:
DC training is fantastic if you follow it exactly how dante designed it to be. I would say though that it is imperative to have a solid base before taking on a program like DC training. I think that it would be something to take on after hitting a significant plateau. It is pretty brutal, and also kind of boring as you don’t get a lot of variety but it is very effective if you do it right and eat enough. If you meet the criteria then I would say go for it! [/quote]
Here are my stats:
19 yrs old
5’ 10"
160 lbs
Squat: 360 lbs
Bench Press: 270 lbs
Deadlift: 455 lbs

Why do you say it is boring? I actually thought it would be very entertaining since you do so many different lifts? I’m not being an ass; I’m just curious.

According to the program creator, you should not do the program. He doesn’t advocate people under 25 doing it. Take that for what it is worth.

For the question on extreme stretching, I only ever did it for DC, and I did it just for the sake of making the muscles bigger rather than increasing my flexibility, so I can’t really say if it helped the latter.

According to the program creator, you should not do the program. He doesn’t advocate people under 25 doing it. Take that for what it is worth.

For the question on extreme stretching, I only ever did it for DC, and I did it just for the sake of making the muscles bigger rather than increasing my flexibility, so I can’t really say if it helped the latter.[/quote]
Oh I hadn’t read that part before. If I do decide to do it and I can’t handle it or it doesn’t work, it will be on me and not the program. Would W4SB be a better fit for me?

Like I said before, you gotta decide what is a good fit for you. The key is you have to read up on each program and know the ins and outs. I can’t tell you what would be a good fit for you, only you can.

Like I said before, you gotta decide what is a good fit for you. The key is you have to read up on each program and know the ins and outs. I can’t tell you what would be a good fit for you, only you can.[/quote]
This is true. I think I will pass on the DC Training for now and come back to it when I am older and have more experience. Thanks for your help!

According to your lifts, I’d say give it a try. Have done it myself in the past. Given the programme is quite different from other ones, results were pretty good. Do it for 2-3 months, then go back to multiple set programmes.

[quote]dwj wrote:

[quote]mwiersma wrote:
DC training is fantastic if you follow it exactly how dante designed it to be. I would say though that it is imperative to have a solid base before taking on a program like DC training. I think that it would be something to take on after hitting a significant plateau. It is pretty brutal, and also kind of boring as you don’t get a lot of variety but it is very effective if you do it right and eat enough. If you meet the criteria then I would say go for it! [/quote]
Here are my stats:
19 yrs old
5’ 10"
160 lbs
Squat: 360 lbs
Bench Press: 270 lbs
Deadlift: 455 lbs

Why do you say it is boring? I actually thought it would be very entertaining since you do so many different lifts? I’m not being an ass; I’m just curious.[/quote]

You may not find it boring, my lifting partner found it boring BC he couldn’t do a lot if the assistance work that he loved to do so much. He was also a hero on the flat bench, and if you stick to the true roots of DC training you will do more incline bench. I didn’t think it was boring BC I was excited to get big when I did it. But I was close to your level when I started and I got injured on the last day of the first week. The extreme stretching was a new thing to me. The true program really is no joke. I guess that is why Dante said nobody under 25 shuold undertake it. I will say that I plan on doing it again, but not for many years, and I will be really precise with the program. Your lifts are solid but I would say that if you can still make progress with other programs or methods then I would save DC for down the line.