DC Training Question

Been considering running a bit of DC training. Just a quick question for someone whos experienced with it.

So take for instance Flat BB bench working set. Everything im seeing is doing 3 to 4 submaximal warmup sets leading to an 11-15 working set.

Can/should/is it helpful if those submaximal warmups are heavier than the working sets for CNS activation?

Example, say i bench 315 for the 11-15 rep working set. Is hitting a 355 or 365 double as a warmup acceptable?

Sure, i did this but idk if itā€™s so much ā€˜CNS activationā€™ as it is ā€˜potentiationā€™.

EDIT
If it makes you feel like your reps are more effective, your reps become more effective. Just make sure you keep it the same for logging purposesā€¦ if you choose to do +10% for potentiation, stick with 10%.

2 Likes

? Do you track your warmups that specifically?

1 Like

No. I typically warmup at around 50% working weight, then 75%, then sometimes a little over WW depending on the movement. What Iā€™m saying is to keep the l difficulty/exertion of the warmup about the same so you can accurately gauge progressā€¦ this is a [process] approach, so you need to be relatively consistent with your process.

I should have clarified, but thank you for prompting me to do so! Blame the post-workout brain fog.

1 Like

I like that. And im not 100% sure why it makes me feel like my workimg sets are better, but they certainly are. Usually an extra rep or two, and always better form/execution.

Perhaps im still just sloppy with lighter weights, which ive been aware of and working on for a bit. Say i just run through the bro 1 plate, 2 plate, etc warmup sloppily, nothing grooves. But if i loosen up, hit a few doubles on my way to 10-20% over my working sets, everything works. Not just bench, but all of the big lifts.

1 Like

Itā€™s not just you. There are whole strategies based on the ā€œover-warmupā€. I never did it with DC, but seems like a fine approach to me.