DC Training and the Pump?

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

[quote]Mateus wrote:
I am a bit confused by your post. You have been involved in several threads and/or topics regarding DC and have all this information already. As stated above, if you change the program then it is not DC anymore. And who gives a shit what Bruce Lee says. This is a program that is laid out for you and is to be run the EXACT way that it is laid out. Dante didn’t just wake up one morning and jot this shit down and call it gospel. Years of trial and error.

As far as your question regarding its effectiveness, yes it works. Yes people get stronger. Yes people get bigger. Yes it will break you down if you don’t listen to your body. And if you did the program as it was laid out, with the intensity that is required to make DC effective then you would not want or feel the need to do any EXTRA sets because you would be fuckin gassed. Do it right or just leave it alone…[/quote]

Which part of “troll” don’t you understand? lol[/quote]

Dude, when was the last time a trol talked about dc training with such detail and thought. Im so obviously an experienced lifter. get a clue.

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:
For someone who has forgotten more about training then I (Blackaggar) will ever know you certainly ask a lot of stupid questions, fat ass

And dont ask how your question is stupid, it will simply just make you look even more ignorant and surprisingly yes that is still possible, even at this point.

:slight_smile:

[/quote]

You my friend are a prick and Id love to bash your face in. Come talk to me in person that way. WE both know you wouldn’t.

Asking others experience on a controversial training routine is stupid? No my friend, you are a complete shit terd.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
As anyone doing DC will tell you… if you change it in any way, it ain’t DC!

I liked DC because it works well with my “all-out” attitude in the gym. However, I got a lot of overuse injuries and such from it. It could be my age though. I don’t recuperate as well as a young gun.[/quote]

I prefer to do what Bruce Lee said, “Take what is usefull, and discared what is useless and make it your own.” meaning, Everyone should tweak a system to their individual needs.

[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right. Bruce Lee was THE bodybuilding epitome of mass and strength.
[/quote]

wow, you obviously know nothing about bruce lee, do you? If you ever listened to some of the people that knew him. they all said he was the strongest guy they had ever seen. and this was him weighing about 140lbs. Lets see you do 2 finger, 1 arm pushups, big man.

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:
For someone who has forgotten more about training then I (Blackaggar) will ever know you certainly ask a lot of stupid questions, fat ass

And dont ask how your question is stupid, it will simply just make you look even more ignorant and surprisingly yes that is still possible, even at this point.

[/quote]

You my friend are a prick and Id love to bash your face in. Come talk to me in person that way. WE both know you wouldn’t.

Asking others experience on a controversial training routine is stupid? No my friend, you are a complete shit terd.[/quote]

Lol you took my insults exactly the way I wanted you to

Look how angry you are, did I hurt your feelings? Are you going to cry?

I even got some threats with a simple comment.

See your stupidity is showing very well here my fat retarded friend, this is the real world, violence will just get you thrown in jail. I would let you hit me then destroy your ass with assault charges.

You are probably the most ignorant 400 year old ive ever seen :smiley:

[quote]Mateus wrote:
I am a bit confused by your post. You have been involved in several threads and/or topics regarding DC and have all this information already. As stated above, if you change the program then it is not DC anymore. And who gives a shit what Bruce Lee says. This is a program that is laid out for you and is to be run the EXACT way that it is laid out. Dante didn’t just wake up one morning and jot this shit down and call it gospel. Years of trial and error.

As far as your question regarding its effectiveness, yes it works. Yes people get stronger. Yes people get bigger. Yes it will break you down if you don’t listen to your body. And if you did the program as it was laid out, with the intensity that is required to make DC effective then you would not want or feel the need to do any EXTRA sets because you would be fuckin gassed. Do it right or just leave it alone…[/quote]

I respect the guys who follow it to the letter. But heres a problem I have with it. On the first workout, you do chest, tris, bis, back width & back thickness. Even though, there are limited sets, by the time you get to back and back is a major muscle group, I wouldn’t have the necessary energy to use the amount of weights to really work the back. I prefer to spread out the muscle groups per workout a bit more. Dante is a well informed person and knows his stuff. But so do many others. Hes not the end all be all of bodybuilding.

Lets just say, dc training is a part of mma, just like muay tai is. and id rather do mma, period. thats why I referenced Bruce lee, who is considered the father of mma. He took the positives from many different styles to form is own. [/quote]

You are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. Dude, if that really is you in your avatar, then you SEEM to know a little about what to do in the gym. If you are able to cherry pick different programs and build one that is suited for you then great. That’s what you are supposed to do. Figure out what works best for your goals and then put it in action, that is. That is not what your thread title says or the first line of your post.

In reference to your comments on exercise selection and energy, it can be done. I cautiously assume that you are basing that statement on your past experiences in the gym and not actual implementation of the DC protocols. If you are 1) ready for DC, 2) eating enough food (protein), and 3)taking the prescribed days off and cruising when necessary then it can definitely be done.

You need to answer your own questions by doing the program 100%. Don’t cherry pick it. Build a blast and post it for review. Follow it to the letter. Watch what happens in your log book and on the scale and then make your own review of the program.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I liked DC because it works well with my “all-out” attitude in the gym. However, I got a lot of overuse injuries and such from it. It could be my age though. I don’t recuperate as well as a young gun.[/quote]

I prefer to do what Bruce Lee said, “Take what is usefull, and discared what is useless and make it your own.” meaning, Everyone should tweak a system to their individual needs.

[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right. Bruce Lee was THE bodybuilding epitome of mass and strength.
[/quote]

wow, you obviously know nothing about bruce lee, do you? If you ever listened to some of the people that knew him. they all said he was the strongest guy they had ever seen. and this was him weighing about 140lbs. Lets see you do 2 finger, 1 arm pushups, big man. [/quote]

DC is about bodybuilding. Lee was strong for his size. That gets no where in your argument.

I can’t do the things Lee did. He can’t do the things I do.

[quote]MAF14 wrote:

[quote]anonym wrote:
Hey, bro, you’re lookin’ pretty swole in that avi.

Got any other pics to throw up?[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[/quote]

Asking others experience on a controversial training routine is stupid? No my friend, you are a complete shit terd.[/quote]

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol!

I love these threads. The flaming is just so… beautiful. sob

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol![/quote]

OMG hahahahahah that pic was so… appropriate

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[/quote]

See your stupidity is showing very well here my fat retarded friend, this is the real world, violence will just get you thrown in jail. I would let you hit me then destroy your ass with assault charges.

You are probably the most ignorant 400 year old ive ever seen :smiley: [/quote]

your right, i shouldn’t have responded that way. But my thread was an honest atttempt at getting others experience with dc training.

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[/quote]

your right, i shouldn’t have responded that way. But my thread was an honest atttempt at getting others experience with dc training. [/quote]

Ok fair enough, going with your question then, I havent given DC training an honest chance myself but I remember seeing videos with Pros that use it and they split up the body parts a lot more, you could just do that so you can use the heaviest weights for back width/thickness

[quote]Mateus wrote:

I respect the guys who follow it to the letter. But heres a problem I have with it. On the first workout, you do chest, tris, bis, back width & back thickness. Even though, there are limited sets, by the time you get to back and back is a major muscle group, I wouldn’t have the necessary energy to use the amount of weights to really work the back. I prefer to spread out the muscle groups per workout a bit more. Dante is a well informed person and knows his stuff. But so do many others. Hes not the end all be all of bodybuilding.

Lets just say, dc training is a part of mma, just like muay tai is. and id rather do mma, period. thats why I referenced Bruce lee, who is considered the father of mma. He took the positives from many different styles to form is own. [/quote]

First, maybe your mind-muscle connection just stinks, you are holding back, or you need to adjust your RP ranges, because like Plateu said above, I always get/got a pump from DC workouts.

Second, I have to question your knowledge of DC period as you incorrectly listed the split. The 2 way split goes:
A: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Back width, Back thickness
B: Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Hamstrings, Quads (except in cases where you are doing a stiff leg dead variation, in which case quads are done before hams)

Third, no DC is absolutely NOT a part of MMA, it’s not even remotely related and quite honestly diametrically opposed to MMA training. DC training is for people looking to add serious amounts of muscle mass to their frame in the shortest period of time, aka serious bodybuilders.

It is brutally taxing (which is why you are only in the gym 3 times a week), and often times you are already walking the fine line between over-reaching and progress without much of any extracurricular activity.

MMA training (or any combat sport training) is also highly taxing on the body. It also requires that you not be excruciatingly sore or have achy tired muscles from your workout the night before. SCREW doing 12 rounds of sparring or hitting the bag/mitts the day after going to failure 3 times (and as heavy as possible with good form) on chest, shoulders, and triceps! Or drilling wrestling shots or kicking the bag/mitts after doing a workout involving DC calves, heavy hamstrings (often times either triple RP or maximally heavy straight sets) and then doing a max set of 4-8 reps of a squatting/leg pressing variation followed by a quad widowmaker!

Heck, Dante even specifically advises people to NOT do DC if they are serious athletes in other sports (especially something like MMA).

So, if you are doing DC and training MMA, then you are either not pushing yourself anywhere near as hard during your DC workouts as you think, or you are probably just spinning your wheels with your MMA training.

Honestly though, you’ve thrown out just about every “hot/taboo” topic on this forum in this one thread (why not throw in “functional” in your next post just to finish it off), so I’ve gotta agree with others that this is probably a troll job.

But my thread was an honest atttempt at getting others experience with dc training. [/quote]

Use the search engine, there’s a huge thread all about DC training, maybe 2, plus articles about it.

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[quote]Blackaggar wrote:

[/quote]

your right, i shouldn’t have responded that way. But my thread was an honest atttempt at getting others experience with dc training. [/quote]

Ok fair enough, going with your question then, I havent given DC training an honest chance myself but I remember seeing videos with Pros that use it and they split up the body parts a lot more, you could just do that so you can use the heaviest weights for back width/thickness[/quote]

Thats actually what I’m doing. The workouts are so fast though.

[quote]Sentoguy wrote:

[quote]Mateus wrote:

First, maybe your mind-muscle connection just stinks, you are holding back, or you need to adjust your RP ranges, because like Plateu said above, I always get/got a pump from DC workouts.

Second, I have to question your knowledge of DC period as you incorrectly listed the split. The 2 way split goes:
A: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Back width, Back thickness
B: Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Hamstrings, Quads (except in cases where you are doing a stiff leg dead variation, in which case quads are done before hams)

Third, no DC is absolutely NOT a part of MMA, it’s not even remotely related and quite honestly diametrically opposed to MMA training. DC training is for people looking to add serious amounts of muscle mass to their frame in the shortest period of time, aka serious bodybuilders.

It is brutally taxing (which is why you are only in the gym 3 times a week), and often times you are already walking the fine line between over-reaching and progress without much of any extracurricular activity.

MMA training (or any combat sport training) is also highly taxing on the body. It also requires that you not be excruciatingly sore or have achy tired muscles from your workout the night before. SCREW doing 12 rounds of sparring or hitting the bag/mitts the day after going to failure 3 times (and as heavy as possible with good form) on chest, shoulders, and triceps! Or drilling wrestling shots or kicking the bag/mitts after doing a workout involving DC calves, heavy hamstrings (often times either triple RP or maximally heavy straight sets) and then doing a max set of 4-8 reps of a squatting/leg pressing variation followed by a quad widowmaker!

Heck, Dante even specifically advises people to NOT do DC if they are serious athletes in other sports (especially something like MMA).

So, if you are doing DC and training MMA, then you are either not pushing yourself anywhere near as hard during your DC workouts as you think, or you are probably just spinning your wheels with your MMA training.

Honestly though, you’ve thrown out just about every “hot/taboo” topic on this forum in this one thread (why not throw in “functional” in your next post just to finish it off), so I’ve gotta agree with others that this is probably a troll job.[/quote]

Ok, my bad, maybe I wasn’t all that clear. I wasn’t comparing dc training to mma at all. I was saying, how bruce lee once said, to take what works from many styles and make it your own to fit your own body. So, I was saying when it comes to body building and dc training, to take what you like from dc training and get rid of what you don’t like.

Things i like about dc training are the low volume, more frequent workouts, the rest pause sets.

things I don’t care for that much are the combining of to many muscle groups in one workout. I feel that the muscles being worked near last and last will not be worked as well.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

It’s not enough to bastardize a Bruce Lee quote, is it? You have to steamroll over the underlying meaning as well…

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

It’s not enough to bastardize a Bruce Lee quote, is it? You have to steamroll over the underlying meaning as well…[/quote]

Dude, In my original post, I quoted Bruce lee, pretty damm close to what he actually said. I was a bruce lee fan starting at age 8, i have read every book, magazine there has ever been, about him.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[/quote]

It’s not enough to bastardize a Bruce Lee quote, is it? You have to steamroll over the underlying meaning as well…[/quote]

Dude, In my original post, I quoted Bruce lee, pretty damm close to what he actually said. I was a bruce lee fan starting at age 8, i have read every book, magazine there has ever been, about him. [/quote]

“Take what is usefull, and discared what is useless and make it your own”…well, you got the last part down pat.