DC Training and the Hebbian Rule

[quote]mr.olympia45 wrote:
I think we can all agree DC works, but my question this whole time is how DC training is able to work so well. Just a little curious, and want a possible explanation about how this all comes to work, for the sake of knowledge.[/quote]

…accelerated progressive overload combined with a large caloric surplus…

I developed a state space model of the DC program. However I realized the rate or progression was non linear and I would have to Linearize this model. However I haven’t gotten that far in my Dynamic Modeling class. So I just got some cheese burgers and watched south park instead of going to the gym.

[quote]SSC wrote:
mr.olympia45 wrote:
I think we can all agree DC works, but my question this whole time is how DC training is able to work so well. Just a little curious, and want a possible explanation about how this all comes to work, for the sake of knowledge.

I’ve read a lot of Dante’s stuff, but I can’t think of many actual scientific breakdowns of the physiological aspects either from him or anyone else. The issue is (I think, unless there is literature on it somewhere) that Dante tries to keep it simple, and claims that most of what formulated for the routine was observed through big guys he knew growing up.[/quote]

He did mentioned quite a bunch of studies and such early on concerning some of the aspects of DC training, but really… There are, I believe, some threads on the scientific aspects over at IM.