DC/NOVA T-Cell?

I thought that was the one.

Sounds good i’ll be there 11am saturday with 2 loaded oly bars, gravity boots, and my x-vest.

11am? good for me…just need to find out where that is…im coming from courthouse area off Lee HWY

if you have are bringing barbells and weights…i have a sweet circuit i made up with the other coach for a friday “feat of strength” contest for the football players…we had I think 3 pairs of dumbells set up on one line…about 30 feet away we had 135 loaded on the bar, a 600 pound sled, and a 45 lb plate…you started by farmers walking 100lb DB’s to the other side…clean and jerk I think it was 3 reps…then sled drag back to starting line…farmers walk 110lb DBs, clean and jerk again…alligator walk with the 45lb (you put your feet on the plate and walk with your hands dragging it behind, its a core killer and shoulder burner)…sled drag back…clean and jerk…then 120lb farmers walk to finish…the kids loved it! I did it the day before setting it up twice and it was a dang full body workout in like 10 minutes !

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
11am? good for me…just need to find out where that is…im coming from courthouse area off Lee HWY[/quote]

Ok. I’ll give this a try. Half asleep here and not the best in the area as for directions I can get mnyself around where I need to go but only lived tghere 2 years and bike/walk as much as possible.

It is just about no more than ten blocks from the Pentagon, Down columbia Pike from the Navy Annex.

Couple choices take Glebe to Columbia Pike, take a left. Follow this down to Scott take a left cant miss the park. If you pass a bridge you went to far.

Or from the highway take the Columbia Pike Exit. The second one right after the Columbia Pike / Navy Annex exit. follow It will be about 6 blocks down Columbia Pike. Once again Scott street.

This is probably clear as Mud. I live on Scott actually, the other side of Columbia Pike vut anyway just PM if this isnt clear etc… I can give you my Cell # for any mishaps etc…

MY GOD BLUE… That does sound brutal, fun but brutal. LOL

You do realize that this is an extra w/o for some of us. ME lol I’ll allready be a sore sob from these days prior EDT session and looking forward to my Sunday squat session. Not to mention I get back friday evening on a plane flight from Kansas.

No worries or excuses. It’ll be an ass kickin blast I imagine. I am not sure how much wieght I want to drag out, but yes I will bring the oly bars. I guess I will just bring them and 4 25’s and 4 45’s that should be enough we can mix it up a bit. Get creative.

I was also thinking just now with the olys if we had enough weight we could do team type fammers walks and circuit activity. Grip the Fat part of the bars. That would tax the grip a little more and you would have the additional strain of coherence with another person.

Ah, who knows we can wing it and see what comes up.

Oh also just for a heads up. Just down the street from this park on Columbia Pike every sunday. ( On walter reed Blvd) there is a Farmers Market. Always loaded with fresh fruit and veggies. Plus this year they have a milk vendor and also a free range grass feed meat vendor. They have several different meats. I usually ship or have my beef shipped from here in Kansas, (MUCH CHEAPER) but may give them a try.

Ltr,
Phill

hhaha…i was just reminicing…ill probably be sore sat from todays workout as well and working all evening friday…Ill save that idea for a later date when Im fresh as well :slight_smile:

Man, you all are killin me with this…I’m not getting back into the DC area till late August. Hope you’re still up for one of these deals then…

so is this a def. thing for 11am sat the 16th?

Well I’ve started to go out to the park so at least I know i’d still be doing something till at least September when i leave. and I will do something in the Mall before i leave.

BTW are you getting stationed here at HQMC or just coming home.

[quote]Devil0351Dog wrote:
Man, you all are killin me with this…I’m not getting back into the DC area till late August. Hope you’re still up for one of these deals then…[/quote]

Woah Woah Woah.

This is what I miss when I’m on on T-Nation for a few days?

I live and work in Herndon. Where are we meeting this Sat? I love strongman type activity.

I’m a sport specific trainer, so I have access to weird equipment, like the agility coach, cones, small hurdles… ladders, if you guys are interested I could bring those with me…

Can someone either post or send me the address?

[quote]CEZAR wrote:
Ok Let me throw out some logistics, how about Saturday at 11am at Towers park in Arlington off of columbia pike.

Reply back with comments on the date/time and events. If you have suggestions feel free to throw them out. Also what equipment you could bring.

Have:
Keg
Sled
Stopwatch
Need:
Tire
Two heavy objects to do farmerd walks with, dumbbells, chucks of rail.
Other heavy toys.

Phil, I went by that kayak place today, looks like their out of business.[/quote]

I’ll see If I can bring dumbbells.

Hey any of you guys have an arm? I’d love to have someone throw some routes for me, would be a good workout for the upcoming season.

[quote]CEZAR wrote:

BTW are you getting stationed here at HQMC or just coming home.[/quote]

I’m just comming home. My 4 years is about up.

Joe

who do you play for Hoosier daddy? Indiana? I might be able to get you in on 7 on 7 passing game with the Georgetown team if you would like me to ask. Its once a week, I think on saturdays and sometimes in the evening during week. On my off days from my cop job I am a S&C coach at Georgetown, great great bunch of guys there and train their butts off. The head S&C coach is doing a terrific job there, he was coached in college by Bill Starr (THE original football strength coach who wrote the book on it before lifting for sports was cool), and also coached by Bill Starr when training for the olympic tryouts.

I dont have the best gun in the world but I would be willing to throw the pigskin for you when schedule permits.

As for the other posts guys, if this works out and we could get together once a week or so Id be all up for it. Much easier to do conditioning with other people…I have no problems hitting the olympic and power lifts, but doing GPP or cardio is a total pain for me and I will make every excuse to myself not to do it…so if there was a hard core crowd getting together to do it weekly Id be all over it. I could stand to get in better condition, just wearing 20 pounds in my Xvest and going for a walk or jog makes me think how lighter Id feel without the added chunk! As well doing 10 hours of search warrant room clearing drills yesterday with a heavy tac vest and helmet, and carrying the 50 lb ram makes me want to get in better condition so I dont get my butt smoked by some punk at work!

My schedule is odd due to my line of work, but if anyone was close to me in courthouse area of Arlington and wanted to do morning GPP a few times a week Id love that.

Panther,you from Pitt? I grew up in western pa and played high school ball there!

Hoosier I was an LB in college at USAFA and Colgate, so I probably dont have the arm you would need if you want perfect passes…but Id do my best! heck isnt it almost time for camp brother!!!

Guys WARNING!!! This park is not huge. LOL I mean its ok sized but has tennis courts, basketball, play crap yada yada. all arouind. We are going to be over taking this SOB. which will be cool but we also may want to consider something different in the future.

As for the poster. YES saturday, 11 am

getting a w/o in and ready for a flight tomorrow afternoon. I’ll be there, sore, jet lag, sleep deprived, and all.

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
Panther,you from Pitt? I grew up in western pa and played high school ball there!

Hoosier I was an LB in college at USAFA and Colgate, so I probably dont have the arm you would need if you want perfect passes…but Id do my best! heck isnt it almost time for camp brother!!! [/quote]

Ha, camp started sunday before last, I was gone all last week for that reason, but I have permission to stay home and work for these 2 weeks(I have to leave for good in a week again). You went to Colgate? How long ago? Know a guy by the name Dan Walker?

Yup I knew Dan Walker…I think someone said he is coaching hmm, I dont know where?

When I transferred to 'Gate he was helping coach. SUPER NICE guy, loved hunting, from a nice family, and just salt of the earth.

This the same guy you talking about? How do you know him? Too funny

Have fun today guys. Unfortunately I can’t be there today because I’m going down to Richmond to do a run/bike/obstacle course race with my brother.

I’ll be there in the future though.

Will do thax.

Loading up and getting ready to head over myself.

Looks to be a HUMID sweaty affair.