T Nation

DC/NOVA T-Cell?

Im in Arlington near Key Bridge…was wondering if anything came of the DC T-cell for training sessions???

don’t think u mean me :frowning:

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
Im in Arlington near Key Bridge…was wondering if anything came of the DC T-cell for training sessions???[/quote]

We’re some lazy assed mofos.

LOL, Nope only thing that ever rolled around was Dave Barr came in town and stayed with me for a few days. Saw the sites etc.

He watched me train. LOL Lazy canadian. I just couldnt get him under a squat bar at 4am.

We just hung out saw the sites met upo with TriGWU and Cezar No one else ever PM’d etc…

If you have something planned or what not post it up.

Ltr,
Phill

haha…come on…lets find a place every few weeks to throw some logs, drag some sleds, flip some tires, run some stairs…something…although the Metro area is so dang built up any prime real estate to train on will cost a few million ha…

Does anyone have list of people in the area from the last thread you all were chatting on? Would be a start

Count me in on that list. I’ll be back in late August.

well I dont know who has a list…if someone wants to start one I guess send me private messages with contact info or what not…

Have at it.

Now you wont be giving are info. to telemarketers or spammers will ya.

We might want to bump the old thread as there are quite a few more on that one I started.

Anyhow I’ll pm you my stuff and really its easiest to PM and post here to get ahold of EVERYONE i imagine.

Ltr,
Phill

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
haha…come on…lets find a place every few weeks to throw some logs, drag some sleds, flip some tires, run some stairs…something…although the Metro area is so dang built up any prime real estate to train on will cost a few million ha…[/quote]

I still think going down to the Mall and doing this would be awesome. I would love to see the looks on peoples faces if we did strong man shit down there. They let everything else do it, yoga, soccer, frisbee, etc.n why not strong man. I cant see why we couldnt all bring an implement, rope, log, sleds, etc…

Just seeing the look on all thier faces would be worth it. Or really there are parks everywhere. Just post it and I’m game.

Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I thought there was a successful nova Tcell get together a few years ago. Weren’t there pictures up and all?

The idea of a bunch of men and women flipping tires, etc, on the mall is pretty cool.

On the down side, there is a reason I live in the boonies, and avoid nova / DC / MD as much as possible: it may be the worst traffic in the country, except for LA, or Manhattan.

Also, a bunch of strongman types might attract a little “official attention” in DC.

Ill tin them if they bother us! :slight_smile: Im a cop in these parts

hankr,

I hear you and I RARELY venture near down town, mall etc… Traffic is crap and we actually beat LA as worst this year.

Oh I am sure strongman type stuff would draw some attention but that would all be part of the fun. We might get shut down but as long as we do nothing ignorant I see no problem.

In the end however it would most likely be bnest to get an area away from down town. Now we have the London Metro Bombing and there allready effecting Metro here.

Shoot some ideas if you have em’

I’m game. Send me a PM with the details or post them.

As I said before Strongman in the Mall would be awesome, we could just bust our there for an hour during lunch, that way we’ll have more of an crowd. I’m game if we can get a least a couple more people. I got a keg amd sled, I figure If we get someone with a truck we could get a tire and something for farmer’s walk implements we’d be good to go. I figure we could just the do the workout in Defranco’s strongman Article.

BTW, I’ve been doing some stuff on my own in a park in Arlington off of columbia pike, I think it’s called Tower’s park at the end of scott st. I was tossing a keg yesturday and got some strares from people walking their dogs. If anyone what’s to join me just PM me and we can set something up.

[quote]Phill wrote:

Oh I am sure strongman type stuff would draw some attention but that would all be part of the fun. We might get shut down but as long as we do nothing ignorant I see no problem.

In the end however it would most likely be bnest to get an area away from down town. Now we have the London Metro Bombing and there allready effecting Metro here.

Shoot some ideas if you have em’

[/quote]

[quote]hankr wrote:
Maybe I am remembering this wrong, but I thought there was a successful nova Tcell get together a few years ago. Weren’t there pictures up and all?
[/quote]

There were pics posted in the reader mail section. I think I’m the only one in the group that still posts here, anymore.

We can always set up something in the ellipse in D.C. There’s always space and stuff. It’ll be easy to setup but problem will be security maybe.

If there is a T-Cell meeting I’am game.

Getting to the Ellipse would be easy if people took the metro,which I’ll do to attend. I know the metro system pretty well and PM me if you need on that stuff.

I’ll be back in the DC area this weekend. Count me in.

Somewhere in College Park, Maryland, might be a good backup site if nothing in DC works out. Despite other issues with the town, it’s easily accessible by Metro (Green Line), and there are some decent places to conduct a strongman type get-together.

Cezar Stay Off my street LOL I know just where you are tosing that keg if I’d a known I would have joined you. Instead took mom to the canal to fish and then broke away for a bike ride.

Count me out this weekend as I have to take mom home etc… But after that I will be game just post it up.

Also not sure you all have nioticed or are interested but a strongman highland games Virginia thread was started in the strength sports section.

There are scottish games coming to Alexandria at the end of the month. I plan on attending. Should be Sweet

I just moved to Alexandria. I don’t know hardly anyone around here (which is why I’m typing this on a fuckin friday night) so meeting some of you would be great.