DBZ Movie

I watched DBZ as it was originally aired in Japan some years ago.

It’s too damn bad that America and Funimation grabbed it and ruined the whole show.

Now a live action movie. Goku’s actor will be the skinny dude that kept trying to run away from Tom Cruise (scientology) in War of the Worlds. All I can say is he better be built as hell come filming time, because he’s hardly physically impressive, which was part of the character of Goku and the other saijins throughout the series.

I don’t know what to think of this, really. I’ll just keep a neutral perspective for now, though that will be hard to do.

James Marsters will play Piccolo.

Good choice.

I seen this on the internet a long time ago. DBZ is by far my favorite cartoon of all time. I just think its deninitely one of those cartoons that won’t do well in a real life movie. I mean come on, how will they power up and shoot out ki blasts from their hands? Not to mention fly without it looking stupid.

[quote]sed26 wrote:
I seen this on the internet a long time ago. DBZ is by far my favorite cartoon of all time. I just think its deninitely one of those cartoons that won’t do well in a real life movie. I mean come on, how will they power up and shoot out ki blasts from their hands? Not to mention fly without it looking stupid.[/quote]

Yeah I don’t think the concept fits reality enough to be live action. Does that make any sense at all?

I dunno, maybe they’ll pull it off with flying colors.

Just a shame that they chose who they did for Goku.

I wonder if Vegeta will make an appearance and who will play him.

I mean the built as hell factor is a bit extreme, and won’t happen.

1. Popular media doesn’t like it.
  2. If this was Goku as a younger man… he wasn’t that built.(for DBZ standards)

But, I am extremely excited for this movie… I hope it isn’t a complete flop, but I will see it regardless of ratings.

I agree sed26… This is going to be rated? PG-13 with a lot of action/gun fights… similar to the bond movie but I don’t see how it won’t be ridiculous unless it has a rather large budget and can pull off some sweet visual effects.

i think many people will be interested in this, including me. I just hope it’ll live up to my expectations.