T Nation

Dbol While On TRT?

I am on androgel and want to run a small 4 week cycle of dbol 2om and arimedix 1mg eod.

I know that dbol should only be run with test but I can’t find any info on running it with TRT doses of test. Is running a fairly low dose of Dbol while on androgel safe?

If I do run this cycle while on the androgel, what does my PCT look like, if anything?

When on TRT, HPTA is shutdown. TRT is forever and there is no PCT. You need low dose hCG or SERM to preserver testes and fertility - if you value those.

What does your TRT look like?

3.5mg anastrozole implies TRT of + 300mg T ester per week. You cannot deliver anywhere near that with androgel. Note that transdermal T absorption is typically very poor when there are thyroid issues. When training, sweating and showering, transdermal T absorption is further compromised.

With TRT, you can get AI dose dialed in to get a good E2 lab result. But bdol can moderately increase T–>E2, However if dbol affects liver function [AST/ALT] liver clearance of E2 might be affected, increasing serum E2 levels and your balance is gone. 4 weeks is not really a bit deal, but also too short to working things out via lab results.

If a doctor is involved, AST/ALT issues will lead to a problem with your doctor.

Do not ignore comments re thyroid and iodine. Thyroid function controls your energy levels [ATP].

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

If you are on TRT you don’t need a PCT as your endogenous levels are low anyway because you are taking an exogenous supply of T. As suggested above you may not need so much arimidex - you don’t want to crash your E2. Dbol is a fairly harsh oral so it’s never going to be good for you but over just 4 weeks it shouldn’t cause serious issues.

If you are concerned about fertility for the long run then hCG should be in your TRT.