T Nation

Dbol/Var Cycle

Hey T-Nationers,

I’ve been reading a couple posts about short Dbol only cycles, and noticed that the problem with these besides the fact that it is liver damaging is that gains from the cycle are hard to keep.

Week 1-4 Dbol 40mg/day
Week 5-8 Anavar 60-80mg/day
Week 1-4 Liquidex 0.25mg/day or EOD
*Week 5 and 6 Nolvadex 20mg/day

*Maybe to start up endogenous test production? (Would this work?)

Would this type of cycle theoretically counter the above mentioned problems except for the liver toxicity? The Adex to minimise water retention and estrogenic sides, the Var to bridge and maintain gains, and the Nolva to jump start endo test production. Are there any flaws with my logic and has anyone tried this cycle? Any and all comments and feedback welcome. Thanks guys.

C1ipse

i would consider 2 week cycles and using the var and dbol together, upping adex to at least .5/d, perhaps 1 and using nolva throughout, adding Carbolin 19 and Se7en in the off weeks, less suppression, more retained gains.

[quote]ubl0 wrote:
i would consider 2 week cycles and using the var and dbol together, upping adex to at least .5/d, perhaps 1 and using nolva throughout, adding Carbolin 19 and Se7en in the off weeks, less suppression, more retained gains.[/quote]

So do you mean 2 weeks on Var and Dbol 2 weeks off and then 2 weeks back on again? How many of these mini cycles would you use, and are the above doses appropriate? What do you think of usig Clenbuterol in the off weeks for the anticatabolic effect, and the 2 weeks alternating cycle fits with 2 week on and off cycles of Clen as well?

C1ipse

If I were to do this again, which I wouldn’t, I would go with 2 weeks dbol, then 2 weeks var and then stop. It’s up to you, of course, but I think that for some people (me) 8 weeks would be waaaay too long.

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
If I were to do this again, which I wouldn’t, I would go with 2 weeks dbol, then 2 weeks var and then stop. It’s up to you, of course, but I think that for some people (me) 8 weeks would be waaaay too long.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. How long was your original and what kind of gains did you see and keep?

C1ipse

This seems like the perfect opportunity to try OT (pretty much a cross between dbol and var) instead. you would save some money and i think get better total gains.

[quote]3c1ipse wrote:
Thanks for the reply. How long was your original and what kind of gains did you see and keep?

C1ipse[/quote]

It was just over 4 weeks. I stopped the dbol after 2 weeks because it made me feel like absolute crap, every day all day I actually felt hungover. Then I started the var and felt absolutely AWESOME. The only reason I stopped the var was because I ran out. I might have gone longer with the var if I had had more. I actually still have a bunch of dbol, I won’t use it though.

I made pretty decent strength gains and the dbol bloated me up like a pig. The var did what people say it does, it gave strength without bloat.

At 5’11 230 lbs I’m at the point where size comes sloooow, so I didn’t notice much of that, other than the bloat.

IMO var is probably the best oral, but I haven’t tried primo though, which has a good reputation too.

[quote]kickbxer wrote:
This seems like the perfect opportunity to try OT (pretty much a cross between dbol and var) instead. you would save some money and i think get better total gains.[/quote]

Yea I actually have some OT and was considering doing a cycle of it in the summer except that I might be travelling and wouldn’t be able to devote 110% into training and eating. An OT cycle would be longer right owing that to the gradual build up of quality muscle?

C1ipse

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Like Bushy, I would also add some Prop to the mix. 8 weeks of Test and whatever oral(s) you choose would make your cycle more effective and cost worthy.

Week 5-6 nolv, NO USE. Nolv does not stim test production, clomid does and may make ya cry, but nolv is an anti-E, not an LH stimulator. Shit, where is this info coming from, if I’m wrong, I apologize, but I wanna know where this info is coming from! PLEASE!

[quote]micromuscle wrote:
Week 5-6 nolv, NO USE. Nolv does not stim test production, clomid does and may make ya cry, but nolv is an anti-E, not an LH stimulator. Shit, where is this info coming from, if I’m wrong, I apologize, but I wanna know where this info is coming from! PLEASE! [/quote]

You’re wrong.

Apologize to everyone.

Clomid is a SERM. Nolva is a SERM.

T-Nation is full of misinformation if you’re not being challenged on your posts.

Yea I have some Test E, OT, Var, Dbol and Winny lying around so I was just trying to work a possible cycle around these compounds. Typically how many blitzes would one do before taking a longer break?

With regards to the Nolva stimulating test production I think I read that in a Meso-Rx article but I may be wrong.

C1ipse

The 2 week scenario’s with Var and Dbol togther would be the best. The HPTA is less impacted if you keep it to 14 days = quicker recovery. Also 2 weeks before you run the cycle scale back to lifting 2 times a week and cut your calories down, do some HIIT, then when you start eat like a madman from day 1-14, you will not add as much fat.