T Nation

Dbol - Take the Whole Dosage at Once?

Hey,

I’ve read some threads and there are many different opinions about DBol…

I noticed 3 different views:

1. 6weeks 30-40mg /day - breakfast, lunch, before training, diner
  2. 6weeks 30-40mg /day - whole dosage before training
  3. 12weeks 5-10mg /day - before training - the way big arnold and his “friends” did it

So I’m not sure what to do.

I’m planning a 500mg TE cycle and want to include some DBol for strength gains in January.

Maybe you got some articles for me to read or experiences to share?

Thanks

As you seem to have already found there are many different ‘strategies’ to taking Dbol, each with their own pros/cons but no real solid consensus. Understanding these pros/cons and taking into consideration you own personal goals might be the best way to decide.

If I were running Test-E, I’d probably be using Dbol as a ‘jumpstart’ while waiting for the Test to kick in. I’d also be sure to take atleast 10mg right before hitting the gym while trying to spread he rest out through the day. But, that’s just me.

Do you have PCT planned?

[quote]3IdSpetsnaz wrote:
Do you have PCT planned?[/quote]

Yes, of course.

My problem is I can’t find any articles about it.

I want to know why so many people start with 30-40mg/day and don’t use the method of 5-10mg /day over a longer period.

Would be great to read some studies about the impact for my workout if I take the whole dosage 60min before.
I mean if people do it with great success, why should anyone split it over the day? I read something about 16hours half-life of DBol?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
The reason people only stick to 6 weeks is due to liver toxicity, which is thought to be more a function of time on rather than the dose.

BBB[/quote]

Interesting, didn’t know that. Considering my crude understanding of how the liver works I guess that does make sense. I know the best way to find out is by checking liver values, but would you consider 6 weeks @ 50-70mg safe?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thanks, BBB. No problem on the coffee, sipping some right now in fact…

[quote]BL4DE wrote:
If I were running Test-E, I’d probably be using Dbol as a ‘jumpstart’ while waiting for the Test to kick in. I’d also be sure to take atleast 10mg right before hitting the gym while trying to spread he rest out through the day. But, that’s just me.[/quote]

In my opinion, he should just frontload the test E and use the dbol for the four weeks immediately before PCT.

So if he’s running an 8 week test E cycle, use D-bol for 7-10. Then start his SERM at the beginning of week 11.

[quote]Exitus wrote:

I’m planning a 500mg TE cycle and want to include some DBol for strength gains in January.

Thanks[/quote]

Since you’re intending strength gains I recommend the 30-40mg once before training. Remember there is a notable difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting/oly/strength

[quote]Exitus wrote:
I want to know why so many people start with 30-40mg/day and don’t use the method of 5-10mg /day over a longer period.

[/quote]

The reason behind this protocol is as bushy mentioned dbol is a great pre-training enhancer. 30-40mg is more effective than 5-10mg obviously because its a 3-5x higher dose. In real world terms a “shot” of dbol pre-training will give you several extra reps or extra weight. For me its the difference between 10 reps without dbol and 13 reps with it. Or 405x2 without versus 425x3 with. Literally these are my real world personal findings with 40mg of dbol 45 minutes before hitting the gym. Granted these numbers are on cycle with a gram of TE consistently in the system as well.

Interesting, would you recommend taking the dbol before training when kickstarting a cycle of test too?

[quote]saps wrote:
Exitus wrote:

Thanks

Since you’re intending strength gains I recommend the 30-40mg once before training. Remember there is a notable difference between bodybuilding and powerlifting/oly/strength

Exitus wrote:

The reason behind this protocol is as bushy mentioned dbol is a great pre-training enhancer. 30-40mg is more effective than 5-10mg obviously because its a 3-5x higher dose. In real world terms a “shot” of dbol pre-training will give you several extra reps or extra weight. For me its the difference between 10 reps without dbol and 13 reps with it. Or 405x2 without versus 425x3 with. Literally these are my real world personal findings with 40mg of dbol 45 minutes before hitting the gym. Granted these numbers are on cycle with a gram of TE consistently in the system as well.
[/quote]

Great, thanks for the information!

But let’s say I go 3-4x per week to the gym and on the other days I do MMA oder or endurance training (hill sprints, etc.)

Should I take it only before weight lifting or every day before I’m going to do “something”?

Thanks for your help.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
Interesting, would you recommend taking the dbol before training when kickstarting a cycle of test too?[/quote]

Depends on your goals. For a PL/Oly type guy I do recommend and practice the habit of all at once. I also do not use dbol until Im at least 3-4 weeks into a injectable cycle; this allow my TE or whatever Im using to reach a decent saturation level. Then I throw the orals in.

For the more bodybuilding/size oriented the kickstart method and or the divided dose throughout the day is more common and arguable more appropriate

[quote]Exitus wrote:

But let’s say I go 3-4x per week to the gym and on the other days I do MMA oder or endurance training (hill sprints, etc.)

Should I take it only before weight lifting or every day before I’m going to do “something”?

Thanks for your help.

[/quote]Fantastic question. IMO I’d take it only before resistant training. Certainly not before endurance training. If you’re going to be grappling so something it could be argued there’s be a benefit to throwing some dbol in before your session. In practice when I take my dbol all at once its only on training days since I use it purely for training enhancement.

[quote]saps wrote:
Exitus wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Fantastic question. IMO I’d take it only before resistant training. Certainly not before endurance training. If you’re going to be grappling so something it could be argued there’s be a benefit to throwing some dbol in before your session. In practice when I take my dbol all at once its only on training days since I use it purely for training enhancement.

[/quote]

Ok, but do I stick to the 6weeks anyway?

I think 40mg before MMA or endurance training sounds a bit high, but maybe 20mg should be ok?

So I got 3x40mg (3x weight lifting) and 4x20 (MMA/endurance), should I stick to the 6weeks or is it too short for “enough” strength gains?

Splittig it up probably would probably help out the liver.
Breakfast and lunch, and maybe a small dose before evening practice.
This shit can keep you up all night if you take it too late.

[quote]Exitus wrote:
Ok, but do I stick to the 6weeks anyway?

I think 40mg before MMA or endurance training sounds a bit high, but maybe 20mg should be ok?

So I got 3x40mg (3x weight lifting) and 4x20 (MMA/endurance), should I stick to the 6weeks or is it too short for “enough” strength gains?[/quote]

I’ve taken dbol for as long as 8-9weeks consecutively at 40-50mg a day about 5 times a week. My own liver values were virtually the same before and after. Now of course YMMV. In general the common wisdom says 6 weeks max.

You truly dont know how your body will react and respond until you try it. If you wanna err on the side of caution you can try a 6 weeks trial. Although remember this its not like all of a sudden during week 7 your liver just up and fails.