Dbol Cycling - Old School

Hi everyone

Im an oly lifter. I like to do a cycle once in a while. Ive run test prop, var and dbol all by itself in different cycles.

I talked to some old lifters(guys who lifted in the 70s and 80s, back when roids were legal) and they told me, that they ran dbol 30 mg every day for a week and then one week off supplementing their diet with Zink and magnesium and then again 30mg of dbol for one week and so on for periods of up to 6 months with great succes.

What do you guys think? Worth a try?? Or just a wives tale??

AND Please dont write if your only input is ORal cycles are retarded or the like. I dont care so save your breath

What do you mean ‘a wives tale’? Are you implying that you think theyve lied to you about the efficacy of such a plan?

Steroid use falls into 3 categories

• Stupid/dangerous
  • Ignorant
  • Ideal

This plan is in the second category IMO, as there are better ways to use dbol. And better ways to make gains over a 6 month period. The reason they ran the drugs in that fashion is because SERMs and AIs didnt exist. Now they do. 1 week on 1 week off is an unnecessary way to use steroids in 2011.

I see your pont with the AIs.

No, i dont think they lied, but they could be remembering it wrong.

Ive done dbol only cycles in the past with great succes. The point of this cycle should be that your indegenous production of test doesnt stop due to the short time “on”. Thus you should be making up for the fact that the dbol supplementation will shut down your own test, and that its generally not safe to use dbol in so big dozes that it does more than make up for the loss of your own test.

[quote]IRON TIGER wrote:
I see your pont with the AIs.

No, i dont think they lied, but they could be remembering it wrong.

Ive done dbol only cycles in the past with great succes. The point of this cycle should be that your indegenous production of test doesnt stop due to the short time “on”. Thus you should be making up for the fact that the dbol supplementation will shut down your own test, and that its generally not safe to use dbol in so big dozes that it does more than make up for the loss of your own test.

[/quote]

Yes I understand the goal of the plan. In the 70s this was likely a decent plan. But as I said, in 2011, there are better ways to use dbol, and better ways to make gains over a 6 month period. I just see no reason to do this, other than as an experiment. If you do experiment with this it would be wise to make sure your liver isnt being negatively affected. 6 months is a long time even if only 3 months are spent ‘on’.

If you would like to use steroids without shutting down your natural T production, you should look into Bill R’s 2 on 2 off protocol. Its similar, but updated to maximize safety and results.

Its definetely an experiment. I cant emphasize this enough ;).

I usually run short cycles due to the shorter recovery time so I*ll look into Bill Rs protocol. Can I find it on this site?

Thanks for your input

here’s a start: Bill Roberts-2 On, 4 Off? - Pharma - Forums - T Nation